• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with oc fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm

Read the guides and stickies we have here and go from there.

Also, how did you decide on an arbitrary clock speed of 4.5ghz?

Hmm

Read the guides and stickies we have here and go from there.

Also, how did you decide on an arbitrary clock speed of 4.5ghz?

i have read but i cant find anything for my problem...i can run os and play at 4.5Ghz (its beast) but in ibt or prime isnt stable :/

- - - Updated - - -

PSU was junk 10 years ago when it was made.
Replace it.

maybe cpu did this?
look this pic the +5v and +12v isnt static
stress on.png

Software is inadequate for checking voltages on a PSU.
Your PSU is a 10 year old unit made for Pentium 4 class processors. It has a maximum of 26 amps on the 12v rails combined. It is not enough for the rig you're trying to run.
It wasn't even a good unit brand new.

Software is inadequate for checking voltages on a PSU.
Your PSU is a 10 year old unit made for Pentium 4 class processors. It has a maximum of 26 amps on the 12v rails combined. It is not enough for the rig you're trying to run.
It wasn't even a good unit brand new.

i will try to buy new. 600w is enough?

mobo: gigabyte 990fx-ud3
cpu: fx 8320 (212 evo cooler)
gpu: msi gtx 2gb oc edition
ram:RAM CORSAIR CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 XMS3 4GB PC3-12800
ssd:samsung 840

but i dont want to pay for new psu if for 4.50Gh oc is my settings wrong and not psu problem (sorry for my bad english :/ )
its not worth to buy new psu if my chip cant go 4.5Ghz y know what i mean?

Last edited:
I've never seen an FX that can't do 4.5 GHz.

What GPU? There should be a model number there.

now im at 4.4Ghz i can play(i played crysis 3 full settings),browsing but if i use ibt pc shut off

Untitled.png

now im at 4.4Ghz i can play(i played crysis 3 full settings),browsing but if i use ibt pc shut off
When one runs a stress test and the whole Pc just shuts off it leads me to believe that the gents above are pointing you in the right direction. The Fx 8xxx Cpu's draw a ton of power when overclocked. Which in turn may be overloading the Psu and causing it to shut off. Crysis isn't going to load the Cpu like IBT or Prime does. You may want to see what happens if you set everything back to default and run IBT or Prime 95.

When one runs a stress test and the whole Pc just shuts off it leads me to believe that the gents above are pointing you in the right direction. The Fx 8xxx Cpu's draw a ton of power when overclocked. Which in turn may be overloading the Psu and causing it to shut off. Crysis isn't going to load the Cpu like IBT or Prime does. You may want to see what happens if you set everything back to default and run IBT or Prime 95.

at default everythings its ok with no problem

at default everythings its ok with no problem
I would bet the problem lies in the Psu as the others have stated. Like I said these Fx Cpu draw a ton of power when they are overclocked. I did some testing on my Cpu a while back, a 4.5 with 1.44 Cpu V while running prime my power draw is 322 w. If you only have 26 A on the 12 volt rails like Scotty stated your Psu is only providing 312w, there are other factors that need to be determined, such as the efficiency of the Psu. That all said even if the Tr2 was a "quality" psu back when it was made, which is wasn't, It's likely it couldn't provide the power it specified it could even new. If you really want to overclock, getting a "quality" 550- 650w psu is your best bet.

Back