• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with oc fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't lie to you. :)
I had that same PSU grenade in a fireball right on my desk years and years ago, benching a socket A rig. I still have another one in the box with about 1 hour of run time on it. I won't ever use it, but can't bring myself to throw it away. Trisha calls me a hoarder. :rolleyes:

Full tower? No. Just something that will fit 2x120mm or 2x140mm radiator. Plenty of mid towers do that.

What case are you using currently?

i think yes but no space for vrm airflow.anyway i will stay with 212 evo for now until get money i have time to think more about it.
i want to thank you all guys for your help :clap:

NH-D14. It'll actually help airflow over the VRM, but check clearance with your RAM.

greg1313...

For a couple of years now we have had users with CM212 EVO get stable at 4.4 and 4.5GHz. Almost as a matter of couse. Not really unheard of. Good cool air INTO case and Heated air out of the case. Many used two fans in push/pull configuration on the CM212 EVO for a little extra cooling boost.

Rather than buying a Noctua D-14 for what used to be at least $70.00 Usd...you would be better served to put that much money toward a decent case, that then if need be could go 240 radiator cooling. You put a $+70.00 Usd cooler in a junk case and you still will have mostly junk. Certainly not all you could get for the $+70.00. YMMV but certainly how I see a long run situation.

RGone...ster.

good morning guys :) well im with new psu now and i run 4.5ghz stable

idle:
4.5 idle.png

full load:
4.5.png

i have 2 questions:
1) i have set nb freq to 2400 (2200 default) and in cpu-z i read 2200?
2) i have set ram to 1.650v and i read only 1.620v ( i have saw in bios pc health for voltage too its same)

That is something we have seen before with the Giga motherboards, the NB speed I mean, I not sure we ever solved it either. You might need a different bios version. The ram volts is likely a bit of droop. You can always set the voltage to 1.675 in bios which would get you closer to the 1.65v rating.
It would help if you were to put up a signature that has all the info we need for your system. If you look at the bottom of RGone's post you'll see a good template of what we want to see.

That is something we have seen before with the Giga motherboards, the NB speed I mean, I not sure we ever solved it either. You might need a different bios version. The ram volts is likely a bit of droop. You can always set the voltage to 1.675 in bios which would get you closer to the 1.65v rating.
It would help if you were to put up a signature that has all the info we need for your system. If you look at the bottom of RGone's post you'll see a good template of what we want to see.

ok i set my ram at 1.675v and now i read 1.644v

so i cant go 2400 my nb freq as supposed be?

Last edited:
2) i have set ram to 1.650v and i read only 1.620v ( i have saw in bios pc health for voltage too its same)

Glad the power supply all said was suspect...was the bad part.

AMD had told all the mobo manufacturers what the new FX Bulldozer was to be like and had released the 9xx chipsets so most mobo makers had a motherboard for FX out nearly a year before AMD got off of it and actually released FX BullDozer Cpus. Bioses had to be released for boards alreay in production for FX fitment but not really bios ready for FX processor.

Not too long after the FX cpus hit the market, Asus brought out the Rev 2.0 boards and especially their two top tier boards the CHV-Z and the Sabertooth 990FX Rev 2.0 'then' had Ram voltage LLC in bios for adjustment. SO something about the Ram load with FX processor had changed or Asus would not have spent money to LLC the ram power circuit. That other motherboard makers may or may not have made such changes to their Ram voltage supply circuit is n0t known. Some mobo companies may have made changes in a less noticable manner; that might work, however most board makers keep their actual manner of production changes pretty close to their vests. I have two very g00d CHV Asus boards and one well working Asrock 990FX Pro model and have no intention to own Gigabyte AMD AM3+ mobo at all, so no real close familiarity with Giga bios for AM3+ boards.

About all you could do is find the supply point of voltage to the ram on your mobo and thus check the real voltage going to the ram or in self-defense assume software is reading your ram voltage accurately as is and raise the voltage to the ram some. OR on reflection if you have no reason to suspect Ram as an issue in getting stable...just assume the ram voltage as set in bios by you is the real Ram voltage and the softtware readout in bios and other Apps is not true and no longer worry about low ram voltage.

Honestly MSI AM3+ boards and Gigabyte with their new Revision after new Revision of their AM3+ motherboards have given us trying to help users; the most headaches. None of us tryiing to help is going to spend money to buy something like the 7 revisions of the Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 model board just to see what has been changed. No sense in that. So raise Ram voltage in bios. Actually find test point and check ram voltage with DMM or forget ram voltage low reading if the ram seems functioning okay. About it.

Good luck now that you have good power and are not having the computer turn off under load.

RGone...

Back