• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD7970 Problem (GPU Dying?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ricardo671

Hello,

Since a couple of days my GPU has been acting weird.
Whenever I play CS:GO my GPU seems to crash and I get a black screen with green, pink lines all over it. I'll add a picture of what the screen looks like at the end.
However with games that are way more demanding like: Witcher 3, GTA V, ARMA 3 and Project CARS my GPU runs perfectly fine and has 0 issues.
Does anybody have an idea what the issue might be?
I'm running Windows 10 and the 15.4 drivers.

Picture:

Hello,

Since a couple of days my GPU has been acting weird.
Whenever I play CS:GO my GPU seems to crash and I get a black screen with green, pink lines all over it. I'll add a picture of what the screen looks like at the end.
However with games that are way more demanding like: Witcher 3, GTA V, ARMA 3 and Project CARS my GPU runs perfectly fine and has 0 issues.
Does anybody have an idea what the issue might be?
I'm running Windows 10 and the 15.4 drivers.

Picture:
If it's only happening with one game it's likely not the Gpu going bad, it may be the Oc as Atmin suggested or a driver issue

Maybe The Oven Trick may revive i if it's out of warranty. Check warranty first tho!
Think you may be jumping the gun a bit on this one Nebulous

Try some basic troubleshooting. Check gpu/vrm temps and make sure fans are working for starters (GPU-Z). Try stressing the card as well and check the temps. You can also try DDU (if it works on windows 10) to clear the driver and do a fresh installation of it. I had some issues with my 7850 and my 7950. Randomly occuring BSoD's/similar lines to yours. Tried PSU swaps/RMA's/entire hardware swapping and for me DDU fixed the problem.

Back