• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you post the screenshot of HWMonitor though? There's a lot of info we get besides one temperature...

We'd likely see some vdroop happening, but at 4.3ghz and 1.3v I don't think there's much of an issue

I wager poor case airflow.

If you increase your airflow and your temps are still high, dropping 2 or 3 cores would help. but that's no good if you play the newest titles.

after OC.PNG OC.PNG OC2.PNG

Here are the photos (I put it back down to 4.2 cus Im doing some re-testing) In the bios I have my voltage set as +.11000

Last edited:
Nope! Is this average?

On another note. BF4 starts getting random stutters - 80 fps constant, then 50, 80 constant, 50, repeat. Sometimes it will completely freeze up (just BF4, not windows or other games) ALSO with these bugs, sometimes when i close BF4 I'll get the infinite black load screen and the BF4 process will not end no matter what I do

Good. You don't want WHEA errors in Windows event viewer. :)
Sometime you might be prime stable but have WHEA errors. I have this issue when I clock over 4.9Ghz...
Just something to look for.

Please use HWMonitor like I asked, not Open Hardware Monitor.
The program you have running doesn't show nearly as much relevant info.

The socket is getting really warm for only five minutes in.
Do you have any airflow over the motherboard? You could definitely use some more.

Not the greatest cable management, but i have 2x120mm front intakes, 1x70mm exhaust, and 2x120mm cpu fans in push/pull exhausting out the top

ImageUploadedByOverclockers1432861439.181733.jpg

Route those cables behind the motherboard tray for one, that'll help a bit.
Does your case have a top exhaust? If so, do you have exhaust fans in those spots?
It looks like your CPU fan is just pushing air against a solid panel... Which is going to result in a build up of hot air.

that 70mm exhaust fan is not going to help either, it looks like its in a 120mm port.
bf4 is one of the games that likes more cores, 4 at least.

- - - Updated - - -

his socket temp, tmpin1 is not so bad, it's 72c max.
the core temps are getting very close, 62c max and improved exhaust will help both.

Also I just built this as my first computer Tuesday so cut me some slack :p. My PC was acting weird with my OC, so what I did was reset my bios settings, enabled OC Genie, then tweaked those settings to what Im at now. Working just fine now

Back