• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How should i test? DDR4 Upgrade.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Later this week, i will be replacing my Crucial ddr4 2133mhz cl15 16gb kit, with Corsair Vengence 2800mhz cl 16 16gb kit.

Before anyone starts rambling, this is a free upgrade, so i took it.

I want to run a test, to get an idea of performance increase, i know that odds are i will not feel a difference, but i would like to run som tests to see the difference.

What should i run? I am running the ram at default settings and will be doing same with new kit.

Whatever you want to get metrics for? What do you used the pc for? Test using something relevant to you.

Synthetic tests you know of, aida64, maxmemm...

Have fun! :)

Well yeah, i can run 3dmark and that, but they arnt heavy ram users, aida, i have not used before really, and maxmemm, i have never heard of. I just want to see the difference, if any.

3DMark = physics test, 3D is almost not showing any differences
SuperPi32 for single core test
HyperPi32 for multi core test
AIDA64 for multi core test
Maxxmem for single core test
PCMark8 for general PC test
WinSat command in Windows - it's showing mainly memory copy transfers
GeekBench but only 32bit is free, still can show differences in performance

Woomack, i dont want to sit and do a bunch of tests. Which should i use to for a baseline, i want to run one test, see the results, change the ram and then run once more.

AIDA64. It will give you the (essentially useless) bandwidth numbers you are looking for.

Back