• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ! new PC Crashing for last 3 months

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not necessarily on topic, but in general, man you paid for something; you deserve to get what you buy. Next time you get something like this and it doesnt work 100%, dont be afraid to bark up some trees and get what you paid for. Id still be trying to return it completely if I was in your shoes.

Ed I'm just not totally convinced it's a driver issue. He's messed around with different cards and different drivers and also replaced the mobo already. What's left? RAM for one.
me either, but the event log shows driver issue. Ram issues don't show as driver problems. For the most part it's freezes and blue screens.. They are loaded out of the gate and reside statically in ram for all intents and purposes.

Again, totally worth checking. We have all seen weird things with pcs!

Last edited:
ok so i play like 30 mins of game and before that i watch about 25 mins and then,,,,, i got crash.... with the crashing to desktop i can hear but not see anything but the desktop cant even ctr alt del to end it thinks it opened ,, have to sign out of account n log back in

i havent ran ram test yet

@Bob what i goin to do after this is post if i can/can't fix it.
contact fair trading and tell them my story not happy at all been so long

Thanks again guys they should of just gave me store credit and i would got a gtx but nope they dont ..wont do anything but send it back to me telling me it's fine and i sent the the log as well and told them i even did my own benchmarks test
and it was fine but as u said last night earth runing stress test and running games r different ..

thanks again every one anything thing new let me know all ears

5500$ for diy is a LOT OF computer haha I'd go for that if possible... that's 5960x, titan x sli, great psu, great case, 32 gb of ram... and still 1000 left over lol

hey guys yer i am in australia

and i have kept one card in and now uesing my tv thought hdmi and doing so for like 30 to 40 mins no crashing yet so ill let you know if it dose ..

but any ideas what it could be if it wasw the displayport ?
the rez to hi for card or somthing i dont know any one lol talk soon thanks every one again

neaver mind it just crashed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ffs

Last edited:
ok still goin with out a crash so strange goin on 100 mins

any one

hey
no i didn't run memory but i ran this
Asus GeForec 210 Silent PCI-e 1G Video Graphics Low Profile HDMI DVI-I VGA (1gb) card
for like 12 hours no crashing

so i dont think it is memory ..

any ideas ?

You switched video cards?

I guess the problem is in the cards/compatibility. Did you update drivers when you swapped cards?

Well, I would tell the company your bought it from what the issue is and see if they will swap out the cards...

nope they wont do any thing i sent to they they think it fine

i have to take them to court and buy one for now :(

but thanks guys for your help #no sovle

Wipe drive and reinstall Windows...
First event log screen shot looks like possibly corrupted files.

Second screen shot looks like an unstable video card.

FarKew, using a little more punctuation (like capitals, commas and periods) would make your posts easier to read and understand. As it is, they read like one big "run on" sentence a lot of the time. It leaves me breathless.

Hey ,
well i sent my pc back to Pc Case Gear and then to get told that i not geting full refund.

Just on the gpus and the cost of the shipment, GPUs 270x x2 ($490AUD) Shipment ($210AUD)

got my Pc Back yesterday and Looked at My mother Board and what do you know 1/4 of the pins ARE FUKED/ BENT/ Squashed,,,,

so the Pc is still not going and life hard :(

Bent socket pins? Did you check them before returning the board? If the RMA techs did that I would make a stink.

Yer Bent i try get a pic lol .. and yes before i sent them i looked and they where fine
so the BIG STINK begins ! . hopeful fine out more tomorrow bein Monday here ...............

For future reference, it would have been a good idea to take a picture of the socket pins before sending it to RMA. You are not the first forum member to report that they received back from RMA a board with bent socket pins. This is something we all need to get in the habit of doing before shipping to RMA.

Back