• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching from AMD to intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blacksun

I got my 4790K and z97 motherboard ready to go.
But precisely, what are the steps that I need to follow in order to switch platforms?
Do I need to erase some drivers? (If yes, how?), or is it as simple as plugging my new mobo in, along with my existing parts?
(all the equipment in my signature, except my 8350 and mobo, which I will sell, will go into my new intel bulid).
Thanks in advance

Just the boot drive,

you will have to reinstall anything that was installed on other drives, but files, pics, music and all that type of stuff is good to go

Just did a quick search and it appears your ram will be compatable and as long as you still have the Intel mounts for the Noctua that will work as well. Keep in mind these are some extremely hot chips so watch your temps with that air cooler if you plan to OC.

Just did a quick search and it appears your ram will be compatable and as long as you still have the Intel mounts for the Noctua that will work as well. Keep in mind these are some extremely hot chips so watch your temps with that air cooler if you plan to OC.

Luckily I still have my noctua mounts.
Hopefully I can squeeze some good performance out of it.

Here's my results from 2 months ago when I made the change too.

This is on an "over-the-top" ambient water loop so results will differ naturally.

4.8 small fft.PNG

Back