• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware/Software issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cs1994

Registered
I'm having some PC issues at the moment. I ain't got the faintest idea what the real issue here is. I've had about 5 blue screens or so in the past 15hours or so. I've managed to get a picture of 3 of them and after each blue screen my PC is acting really weird(I took a recording of this).

Was unable to upload the pictures to OCF so this was the best i could do

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvwylxnax49vu75/DSC_0078.JPG?dl=0 STOP: 0x0000003B

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk4cyatghjoywp6/DSC_0079.JPG?dl=0 STOP: 0x0000001E

https://www.dropbox.com/s/90b4b7siugnpaq0/DSC_0083.JPG?dl=0 STOP: 0x0000000A

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr7cdfog6bhwzyw/MOV_0084.mp4?dl=0 (video is flipped by the way, and if dropbox link don't work then i can send it by mail or instant message services like skype) . To try and explain it, after the BSOD when i try to start up/restart/reset you PC it tried to go on, then goes off again then goes on again etc, so far to get it back online it seems i gotta unplug the power wait a few minutes and it should start up normally again.....

Computer Specs:

https://www.komplett.no/asus-geforce-strix-gtx-970-4gb/824749 GPU

https://www.komplett.no/intel-core-i5-4690k/817262 CPU

https://www.komplett.no/cm-storm-trooper-gaming-big-tower-sort/781841 CASE

https://www.komplett.no/asus-z97-p-socket-1150/818283 MOTHERBOARD

https://www.komplett.no/cooler-master-g750m-750w-psu/795139 PSU

https://www.komplett.no/kingston-ssdnow-v300-120gb-25-oem/773515 SSD Driver with Win7 64bit(downloaded version)

https://www.komplett.no/crucial-ddr3-ballistix-tactic-lp-32gb-k/770227 Memory

Checked what i could with the compatibility of hardware also had several other people check it over, and it shouldn't be any issues with it.

BIOS and drivers should be up to date and haven't overclocked it yet.
The BSOD has happened during varied tasks as well. Gaming, idling, Just listening to music on spotify.

I would greatly appreciate any help you all have regarding my issue here.

-Cs1994

Download and install "WhoCrashed" to read and interpret your minidump files. Not a perfect tool but it can be really helpful sometimes.

Moving forward, please list the parts instead of linking. :)

In clicking through your parts, the first thing that jumps out to me is that you are running 4x8GB. The more slots populated and more density, chances are you may need to manually add some voltage to the IMC to get it stable even at stock speeds. Try to add .1v to VCCSA and see if that stabilizes things.

As far as hosting to the forum? What is the issue? There is a 2MB limit, but simply resize the images. Id like to see CPUz screenshots of the first tab, Motherboard, Memory, and SPD tabs please (host internally).

Download and install "WhoCrashed" to read and interpret your minidump files. Not a perfect tool but it can be really helpful sometimes.

Downloaded "WhoCrash" and just had a crash, this is the info i got out of it.

On Thu 28.05.2015 15:01:37 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: unknown (0xFFFFF880051C93C8)
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x50853, 0xFFFFF880051C93C8, 0xFFFFF880051C8C20, 0xFFFFF80002CAC555)
Error: CACHE MANAGER
Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager.
This might be the case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software error in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CACHE MANAGER

So the issue seem to lie somewhere in the RAM or drivers, but i ain't got a clue how to find the exact cause or fix this. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Run memtest

Downloaded the file, however i can't get the deamon tools to show up as a CD driver in the bios so i can't boot up the program that way. Other than that you can always burn a disk out but ain't got no clean disks atm. I will have to get some new clean disks 1st.

Put it on a bootable USB... but before you wait hours for memtest, try adding the voltage I said and see if that stops or at least delays the frequency of those errors.

Moving forward, please list the parts instead of linking. :)

In clicking through your parts, the first thing that jumps out to me is that you are running 4x8GB. The more slots populated and more density, chances are you may need to manually add some voltage to the IMC to get it stable even at stock speeds. Try to add .1v to VCCSA and see if that stabilizes things.

As far as hosting to the forum? What is the issue? There is a 2MB limit, but simply resize the images. Id like to see CPUz screenshots of the first tab, Motherboard, Memory, and SPD tabs please (host internally).

Here is a proper list of parts^^

GPU: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 970 4GB
GPU : GeForce GTX 970, 1644 cores, 28nm
GPU Clockspeed : 1253 MHz (boost) / 1114 MHz (base)
Memory : 4096MB GDDR5 (256 bit)
Memory Clockspeed : 7.0 Gbps
Bandwidth : 224 GB/s
Bus : PCI-Express 3.0
Video-Features : HDMI 2.0
Cooling : 2-Slot Cooling
Connectivity : DL-DVI-I, DL-DVI-D, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2
Product Size : x 288.6mm(L) 134.4 mm(W)
Power Connector : 8-pin
Power Consumption ; 146 W
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
( Socket-LGA1150,Quad Core,3.5GHz,6MB,88W,22nm,HD4600,Boxed w/fan, Devil's Canyon )

CASE: CM Storm Trooper Gaming Big Tower Sort
( Fans: 2x 120mm Front, 1x 200mm Top, 1x 140mm Back, M/XL-ATX, USB 3.0, Window )

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P, Socket-1150
(ATX, Z97, DDR3, 2xPCIe-x16, VGA, DVI, HDMI, M.2, Fan Xpert 2+, HomeCloud)

PSU: Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU
(ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Modular, 4x 6+2pin PCIe, 8x SATA, 6x Molex, 1x FD)

SSD(C:\) Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM
(SATA3.0, 7mm, 450MB/450MB/s read/write, SandForce®)

Memory: Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactic LP 32GB K
(KIT (4x8GB) 1600MHz CL8 UDIMM 240pin (PC3-12800) Low Profile)

As for the adding voltage wouldn't mind trying that if you could make a quick walkthrough? From what i remember when my mate did it many years ago on his own PC and what i've seen i my previous builds you do this in the bios. But to be on the sure side so i don't **** up my entire system i would very much appriciate your assistance here.

The issue is that my files were too big it seems^^ so that is clearified now. As for the screenshots you want, you want them from bios, inside of case, what? also SPD?? remember you talking to a partial Beginner/average PC guy.

Put it on a bootable USB... but before you wait hours for memtest, try adding the voltage I said and see if that stops or at least delays the frequency of those errors.

I prefer to use CD's, but I did dig out a usb to try memtest later. As for the voltage look my other message.

The screenshots need to come from CPUz. It's a program.

As for adding the voltage:
Go to the BIOS, find VCCSA voltage, add 0.1V.

The screenshots need to come from CPUz. It's a program.

As for adding the voltage:
Go to the BIOS, find VCCSA voltage, add 0.1V.

Thanks. will upload the screenshot with this post. As for the voltage changing I'd like to do that after you guys have looked over the screenshot info.
Untitled.png

Just had another BSOD, didn't manage to get a picture of it, but got this info from "Whocrashed"

On Thu 28.05.2015 17:25:58 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF88005A8F9ED)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88005A8F9ED, 0xFFFFF88010D46B80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

sounds like a video driver to me

You might be right, but i ain't really sure tbh. Just had another BSOD like 10min ago now(havn't been able to get the PC back on, check the vid link i posted earlier to see what happens), i was playin "WOlfenstein" when this latest BSOD happened cause i wanted to test things out. The real strange thing here is prior to wednesday afternoon I have had no issues or BSOD's and have tested and played wolfenstein prior to wednesday also, nothing wrong at all. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the video drivers either, they are completly new straight from the disk + nvidia updates. So unless they have screwed me royaly over with their latest update I ain't got the foggyest what the real issue is. There are plenty of theories like problem with ram, problem with drivers, problem with hardware in general.

At the moment im considdering just reformatting the entire pc.

From the disk is usually an old driver... Updating automatically... YUCK. What driver are you actually using now, do you know (find out in GPUz, post that screenshot)?

Also, your bios is nearly 6 months old and there are 5 newer. A couple mention system stability so I would go ahead and update your BIOS: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97P/HelpDesk_Download/

Did you raise the voltage I mentioned earlier yet? I dont have your board, so I do not know what it is called. You are going to have to look and figure it out. VCCSA or System Agent voltage is what I would look for. Raising anything .1v wont kill it though. That is what I would try first. If that doesn't work, update the BIOS. If that doesn't work, run Memtest.

From the disk is usually an old driver... Updating automatically... YUCK. What driver are you actually using now, do you know (find out in GPUz, post that screenshot)?

Also, your bios is nearly 6 months old and there are 5 newer. A couple mention system stability so I would go ahead and update your BIOS: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97P/HelpDesk_Download/

Did you raise the voltage I mentioned earlier yet? I dont have your board, so I do not know what it is called. You are going to have to look and figure it out. VCCSA or System Agent voltage is what I would look for. Raising anything .1v wont kill it though. That is what I would try first. If that doesn't work, update the BIOS. If that doesn't work, run Memtest.

Untitled.jpg

Didn't realize the disks are usually old drivers, either way i always auto update if possible after I've installed from the disc. It's much easier than running all over the web looking for exact drivers.

As for the bios update ill look through it after I've tried raising the voltage.

And i haven't raised any voltage yet, wanted you to look over the CPUz 1st. also I'll give it a try now in the bios with raising the voltage by 0.1v.
You don't happen to have some kind of IM, would go a lot quicker than going back and fourth here.

You don't need to run all over the web... go to NVIDIA.COM and get them... I suggest not auto updating in the future and update if you run into issues.

Anyway, 352.18 are the latest. So if it comes down to testing drivers, roll back a version (again found at NVIDIA.com).

Auto update for drivers is garbage.
Go to Nvidia and get your GPU driver then to the motherboard page and get all the drivers for it. Then you're set. Not a difficult task.

You don't need to run all over the web... go to NVIDIA.COM and get them... I suggest not auto updating in the future and update if you run into issues.

Anyway, 352.18 are the latest. So if it comes down to testing drivers, roll back a version (again found at NVIDIA.com).

Well I haven't managed to change the voltage yet, or update the bios cause i was unable to boot the bios from a USB stick, so I'll need to get some clean discs to add the file to and boot from cd drive. I ain't got a clue why i ain't able to boot from usb, it shows up in bios and I'm setting it as boot priority but still don't work. I have however manually downloaded the newest Nvidia driver and installed, so now i guess i gotta wait and see if there is any changes in the next few days no matter what task I'm doing. What i meant to say earlier regarding not using the auto update is that with the auto you always know when new drivers are out, but with manually you gotta search yourself. The exception i guess if you get some kind of notifier telling you each time new drivers are out and time for you to go and download them.

- - - Updated - - -

Auto update for drivers is garbage.
Go to Nvidia and get your GPU driver then to the motherboard page and get all the drivers for it. Then you're set. Not a difficult task.

I've gotten the newest GPU driver for my card, as for the motherboard I've been unable to update it.-. True it's no big task getting drivers usually, It's more like what i posted before this msg to Earthdog. You don't always know when new drivers are out, unless you have some kind of notifier.

I believe Geforce Experience will notify you

That's where i normally let it auto update.... but yeah you are right, GeForce experience does notify you, but what about other drivers, for example the Bios.

Back