• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pre-Built Gaming Machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok great, I'm going to put a hardware list together hopefully I can get some of your opinions! thanks for the quick responses.

You're right! we already had a hardware list!

I'm deciding on the following components; http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/637gjX or http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/nxXpkL

Let me know your thoughts, I'm already over budget so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Currently I'll start with 1 x 980 TI and I'll upgrade to two in the coming months. In terms of CPU I'm looking at either the 5930K which is on the list or the 5820K.

What about sound cards? I remember back in the day I used to by Creative cards however, do I even need that now? Would the onboard audio be sufficient? I usually connect any devices through optical in through the PC.

Again in terms of components I have a good idea of what model to get however, there are so many different manufacturers for example the GPU, RAM etc so I'd be happy to hear your suggestions if there is a better model/component than the one I have chosen.

Thanks again/

Last edited:
Thanks I see a few of the components have been changed, I'm happy so far.

The long task is going to be finding the best deals for the products.

pc part picker shows the cheapest price yes. I want to get all the items from one place and then get them to offer me a better discount.

pc part picker shows the cheapest price yes. I want to get all the items from one place and then get them to offer me a better discount.
Good luck with that...there are few online vendors out there that price match. Best buy does to some extent I believe so there is that. Also, not sure where you are located, but if you are in the US do you have a Microcenter around you?

Good luck with that...there are few online vendors out there that price match. Best buy does to some extent I believe so there is that. Also, not sure where you are located, but if you are in the US do you have a Microcenter around you?

I'm assuming the UK based on his PCPartPicker links

Yeah I'm based in the UK. I have a few suppliers including Insight which is an American company.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/X7rhwP

Hi,

I've had a lot of help from you guys already so thanks. Basically I've got my list down to this;

I've looked at the comparisons between the 980ti & R9 Fury running in pairs. The benchmarks I've seen haven't helped me with a decision so if anyone knows from experience that would be good to know.

In terms of other components such as RAM, CPU and MOBO I'd also like your opinions on the choices I've made, if there are any improvements for around the same price range.

Thanks again.

I'd go with a 980Ti over Fury every day.

Razer? There's much better mechanical keyboards out there...

Cool, I'm thinking to go for the 980Ti anyway so nice to have someone agree! In regards to the keyboards I only went by reviews on pc part picker. If you can recommend a better gaming keyboard I'd gladly look at it.

Cool, I'm thinking to go for the 980Ti anyway so nice to have someone agree! In regards to the keyboards I only went by reviews on pc part picker. If you can recommend a better gaming keyboard I'd gladly look at it.

What features are you wanting/needing in the keyboard?
(Assuming mechanical) Which switches do you prefer?
Do you want a full size keyboard, or do you want a TKL or 60%?

I would like a full sized keyboard, backlit would be good. To be honest a basic one will do but I usually play FPS and strategy games.

I've been impressed with my Logitech G710+ for all around (gaming and typing) usage.
Tons of keyboards available though, if you don't like that one I'm sure we can find you one.

There have been a couple of threads lately with Razer keyboard issues and I didn't want you to get caught in that mess.

I have a Rosewill keyboard that comes in red and blue backlight, and every switch that Cherry makes. It's easily the nicest keyboard you are going to find for $100.

Thanks, they both look like good choices! Especially with the backlit keys :D

Hey, so I finally received my components for my computer.

However, I have a few issues I was hoping someone could help with.

Hi. I finally have all my components. I have a few questions about the build I have.

1) The Zotac GTX 980Ti Amp Extreme 2 x Dual 6-pin MOLEX-to-8-pin PCIe, I wanted to know if I need to connect both 6-pn Molex, in total I would need to connect 8 however, the HX850i only came with 6 x 6-pin MOLEX. Is there are work around?

2) I have Corsair link connected, I'm using the mini USB to USB Header, is there any advantage using the digital cable? I'm not sure where to connect the digital cable.

3) I have the Creative T7700 7.1 speakers, is it possible to connect this to the MSI X99S Gaming 7 motherboard? I see it supports 7.1 using Creative sound hardware but it doesn't look like there are enough outputs.

4) I've had a look but can't see support for this but does anyone know if the MSI X99S Gaming 7 motherboard has a Firewire header?

I think that's all for now, thanks again.

CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage Seagate Constellation ES.3 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Case Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro OEM (64-bit)
Monitor Asus PB287Q 60Hz 28.0" Monitor
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse

Back