• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in need of a pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mcp35x, or mcp50x would work, as long as you used a male to male connector between them(something like This, or this), or so my brain tells me.
dont know for sure, as i dont have that exact res, but thats my best guess

I would like one that screws directly to the end of it.
I found the adaptor fittings at performance pc, i would rather have it all one unit.

Caddi, where are you placing the res? If you're placing it against the MB side of the case, fetch a little amount of tubing straight to the pump at the base. If you put a male to male extender in between, you might put too much stress on the threads on either end.

I am trying to get it to fit in the psu side of an air 540 so space is a little limited as you might think.

I am trying to get it to fit in the psu side of an air 540 so space is a little limited as you might think.

Oh I see. Hmmmm......Welp, I've seen many builds with much smaller reservoirs in the 540s than the one you have. Here are some examples of what I mean.

900x900px-LL-c62fc40c_2013-08-1812.46.30.jpeg

Source

900x900px-LL-0dc6e3a1_16.jpeg

Source

Before giving up, I just ran into a build that did use the left side to my surprise, with the bays removed.

900x900px-LL-4d6f1a13_WP_20141219_011.jpeg

It does look like there was some modding to be done in order to make it stick.

900x900px-LL-cd5cc182_WP_20141213_007.jpeg

Source

So basically it is doable. If you can get the reservoir fixed on the left side, I would say than that you can use a male to male extender to a small profile DDC pump (MCP-35x). You'll have to do measurements and make 100% sure how much room is left and what size extender that will be needed and where the reservoir will be placed permanently, etc.

I did what the last picture that Jack posted was doing, running the res up where the ODD would have been.
It's removable, via screws.

I have an mcp35x pump, is there a way to screw it directly to the res? that I can't find out anywhere.
yes it's going to have to be mounted as in the last two pictures, I can't use the 100 mm tall res, with the 8350, the coolant flow threw that short res is very..............lets just say awful turbulent.

Use a male to male extender as there are different sizes. See how big the gap is in between the reservoir and pump once stationary.

what I see happening if I use this pump and res then is, mounting the pump on the floor of the case barb and tube up to a barb on the bottom of the res, punching a fill hole in the top of the case frame and shoving the res right up against the top of the case to be able to fill it.
I sure with i had not frigged up my d5 and mod top.

Yes I know and am pretty sure CD does too. Its an easy place for me to link from probably the best selection of products as well.

Yes I know and am pretty sure CD does too. Its an easy place for me to link from probably the best selection of products as well.

Yes, but other people visiting this thread might not know it's shut down.
And last I saw, they were still taking orders.... even though nothing is shipping....

Back