• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

align Eyefinity group to bottom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

i have 3 monitors in an Eyefinity group but my 2 side monitors are smaller than my center. there in a 3x1 Expand setup and I had the 3 aligned at the bottom and it worked great. But i had to reinstall windows and when i created the new Eyefinity group it aligned them to the monitors at the top. its all screwed up now and i cant figure out how to change it so its aligned to the bottom. any time i try to create a new group, it will blank all 3 screens and i have to restart cause i cant see anything

check their alignment in the gui config section of the Windows Display Screen Resolution area.

im not seeing where your talking about.

is there a way to delete the eyefinity settings manually like deleting a file so I can start all over. there all messed up now and I cant change them or even enable it now without the driver crashing

uninstall the amd driver and check the box remove settings, then reinstall; that should clear it out.

if you're in windows 7 right click in an open area of the desktop, click screen resolution, you should see something like this: http://www.murgee.com/monitor-information/images/extend-display-windows-7.jpg

there you can click and drag the monitors to align them across the bottom. Try doing this with all three enabled, after your driver is reinstalled, before doing the eyefinity config. With luck, it will maintain the alignment from the windows setting during eyefinity setup. (it's been a while but crossing fingers for ya).

ok so after messing with it for an hour I finally figured out my issue. I had my TV hooked up to an HDMI and even tho I never enabled it cause I very rarly use it, it kept causing errors when making an eyefinity group. whenever I tried to make a new group it would crash the driver, not let me do anything cause pressing the Next button did nothing, or kept using my old group that was arranged to the top. after unplugging it, doing a few Restore Factory settings and a few restarts, I finally was able to create a new group and it gave me the option to align them to the bottom like ive been wanting to do the whole time.

after a reinstalling CCC twice and manually deleting any AMD/ATI files I can find it still had my old arrangement saved. even deleted all the hidden files in the ProgramData folder so im not sure where these Eyefinity group setting are saved as.

ya with Eyefinity disabled, I would use Windows Screen Resolution screen to arrange the 3 to the bottom no problem. but once Eyefinity is enabled, that's useless cause it makes them all as 1 monitor as far as Windows is concerned. with it disabled, I found running my smaller side monitors at a different resolution than max actually makes everything perfectly align to my bigger monitor so with it disabled the 3 monitors are absolutely perfect in sync. if only I can change the resolution of them with it enabled.

you can setup Eyefinity with different resolution monitors. it just maxes the resolution on all 3 and it wont be perfectly aligned but it doesn't bother me. theres 3 setups you can use to deal with it the best

now if only you can customize the resolution on the indidual monitors in the group, I would be soo happy

Back