• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem overclocking Rampage IV Black Edition vs Asus X79 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lesoleal

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded my motherboard from Asus X79 Deluxe to Rampage IV Black Edition and I am having problems with overclocking. With X79 Deluxe I ran my CPU with 4.5Ghz and RAM at 2400 without any problems. With Rampage when I push CPU to 4.5Ghz my Ram drops to 667. If I raise my RAM to 2400 it adjusts CPU to 3.9Ghz. What could be the problem? Thank you for your help.

Also, one more thing, with Asus X79 Deluxe I had Thermaltake 3.0 Ultimate Extreme S Water Cooling System, but it broke and temporarily I put in Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO while I'm figuring out custom liquid cooling set-up. The temperatures with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO seem to be fine.

Intel Core i7-4930K
G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (x2)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW2 way SLI
SeaSonic 1050W 80+ Platinum
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Yes, it is. X79 overclocked with XMP on without any issues, Rampage either gives me CPU (4.5) or RAM(2400) but does not give me both :bang head.

Disable XMP and set the RAM speed, timings, and voltage manually.

Back