• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR4 and XMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I just got my set of Corsair ddr4 2800mhz cl16

I installed them, and then i hit a short of wall.

When i go into bios on load the XMP, it sets the BCLK up to 125mhz. This blows my OC of 4,2ghz into 5,2 which i know wont work.

I was use to DD3 from before, setting the XMP it would set the ram to the mhz is should without using the BCLK.

Can anyone explain how i go about setting up this ram?

Last edited:
Nearly every 2666+ RAM will set 125bclk from XMP. Simply set XMP and change manually bclk to 100MHz. It will load XMP profile but will run at 100bclk.

But if do that, the ram will only run 2200mhz?

I am running latest bios 1.8 the ram is set to be supported at 2800mhz on MSI website, but "preset" options goes 2666 and then 3200. nothing in between.

EDIT:

Loading the XMP, and setting the ram to 2666, and then going 105 on BCLK got the 2800mhz, then i guess i just need to go back and adjust into 4,2ghz once more?

Last edited:
Crucail 2133mhz CL15
crucila ddr4 2133mhz 16gb.png

Corsair Vengeance 2800mhz CL16
Corsair dd4 Vengeance 2800mhz XMP1 16gb.png

I dont understand the full info on here, but doesnt seem like much change, and in many cases the Crucial did better.

Running the test with Corsair on 2133mhz also put the Crucial on top.

Pretty decent gains, especially on latency.
If you can tighten down those timings from 16-18-18 to something more reasonable it'll be an awesome gain.

As for the bclk, just set the multiplier so your CPU is at 4.2GHz. Same way its been done for years.

Back