• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Want to Pull the Trigger -- Can the Color Problem Be Fixed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. My Toshiba is starting to get a bit out of date.

Right now the ASUS Zenbook UX303LA Signature Edition is $800 with code PCGRAD15.

The specs are solid and there is really only one consistent complaint among reviewers (which seem to be hard to find... for whatever reason it looks like ASUS made a few types of laptops with the same name and different specs). Apparently the screen has a yellowish tint. I suppose that is due to the non-rgb screen. ASUS chose some odd screen type (I forget the name). So my question is: Do you think I will be able to change screen settings to "fix" the yellowish tint?

TL;DR ASUS opted for a different type of screen and it looks yellow. Is it fixable?

Sounds to me from your explanation that it is supposed to be that way, so can you fix something that isn't broken? What do those reviews say? Can they calibrate it and get the whites more white?

Part of the problem is that there aren't many reviews of the laptop at all. A couple of people said they couldn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't try hard enough. Figured maybe someone on here has dealt with a similar issue.

Back