• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A GTX970 for folding bang-for-buck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you will need to go, configue, expert.
you will see that gpu is listed as false, just click it and delete false and type in true, save it and you should be off to the ppd races,

you will need to go, configue, expert.
you will see that gpu is listed as false, just click it and delete false and type in true, save it and you should be off to the ppd races,

I have done that, but it does not "save" in the graphical frontend; I will probably have to find the config file and change it with a text editor. But, I think that it's going to be an .xml file, which am unsure of how to proceed with.

if you go back in under the expert tab and it shows gpu as true, try a reboot. it should pick it up.

if you go back in under the expert tab and it shows gpu as true, try a reboot. it should pick it up.

Thanks, that did in fact do it for the gpu.

However,

Code:
*********************** Log Started 2015-06-08T02:51:35Z ***********************
02:56:54:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:57:09:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:57:15:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:57:22:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:57:37:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:57:52:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:58:06:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:58:20:WARNING:WU02:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
02:58:34:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)

ooooh dear. :shock:

looks like all of fah needs to come out and be reinstalled.
that is with the card at stock?

looks like all of fah needs to come out and be reinstalled.
that is with the card at stock?

Yes, no OC yet. I just fired up the rig, and opened FAHcontrol and noticed the following under systeminfo:

CUDA not detected

I don't know much about graphics drivers, Linux or Windows but I would think that CUDA would be included with the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.72 driver....?

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling folding?

pull the driver also.
reinstall the driver first, then the folding apps.
if your going windows with it just return the card and pick up a cheap, used 280x.

Last edited:
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling folding?

pull the driver also.
reinstall the driver first, then the folding apps.
if your going windows with it just return the card and pick up a cheap, used 280x.

I'll purge and reinstall the driver, and the folding apps. I would prefer to fold in Linux, and will not settle for less. ;)

Just hang in there and persevere. You'll be glad you did.

I was very frustrated trying to get my server board to work right. After two weeks of fighting, I won and now have a great system instead of a winter traction device for my car.

Many times I have to reinstall folding and the driver 2 or three times, the last time drove me nuts, pulled the card from the folding rig so i could game with it and when i put it back in, folding just refused to see it so I had to reinstall just from pulling the card.

Thanks ya'all for the encouragement, I'll just get this done one way or another. ;)

Should I try an earlier driver than the 346, or is it going to matter?

if I were to try another driver I think I would try a later driver, If you use a non maxwell driver you kill it so badly.

what version of matr are you running?
I have had the best luck with ubuntu 14.04 based distros.

I am running 352 driver now.

if you are using edgers, just change 346 to 352.
I'm reading around a bit about mate and folding and am getting a few hits on issues with opengl and opencl.

if you are using edgers, just change 346 to 352.
I'm reading around a bit about mate and folding and am getting a few hits on issues with opengl and opencl.

edgers, not familiar with that term.

Problems with MATE and opengl/opencl? I could install xfce or lxde...I don't care for gnome 3 or unity desktop environments.

Edit: this guide looks promising: https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/12

nothing wrong with that, if you had read the set up my foldingbox thread you would be beyond that now.

look at zorin 9 I'm using, it works a charm if I do as hayesK laid out so well in that thread.

Tim, try purging the driver, reboot, re-install the driver. think all the commands were posted earlier in "caddi" thread.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 on all my linux rigs, 2x and 3x gpus, drivers from edgers, 346.xx on the maxwell and 304.xx on most of the keplers.

- - - Updated - - -

caddi, are you seeing any improvement with driver 352?

Back