• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia GTX 980ti Review/Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're beautiful! What did you name them? Which one came first and is the older one?!

Pondering a purchase, have not had a new card in forever

see how they stack up against the Titan x's

We dont have a Titan X to compare to, but if you look at TPU review for the 980ti (EVGA SC), its only a couple % behind at most resolutions. ;)

That said, it walks a 980 in its sleep.

I should have the MSI Gaming 980Ti review up early next week (PS the monitor arrived yesterday will work on it tonight! Thanks Witchy!)

They're beautiful! What did you name them? Which one came first and is the older one?!
Looks like they both came in at 3.1lb 10.5"

Yet to be named lol! And according to serial numbers it was the one on the right

Just my luck, I get these and AC in my house breaks! I live in Vegas and its starting to get to the 90s in the morning and 100+ come midday so No real fun stress testing and overclocking til that's fixed and I get some nice blocks to cool these babies down....

Aside from that EVGA added a 50% off a PSU and mouse coupon. I have no use for another mouse but adding their top tier mouse and 1600w PSU comes out to $230 shipped. That's less than the price of the power supply itself and an awesome deal I may pull the trigger on. It's like Xmas in July! Do I need that much power? No. But nothing wrong with having a little bit more right?

3dmark stock clock 980ti sli 4k.png
3dmark stock clock 980ti sli.png

Edited to fix pictures

If you want to pull the trigger on one, grab a 750W P2 or 850W P2.
1600W is so high you won't come anywhere near the efficiency range of it.

If you want to pull the trigger on one, grab a 750W P2 or 850W P2.
1600W is so high you won't come anywhere near the efficiency range of it.
+1... no idea why you would get a 1.6KW PSU when you rig will be lucky to pull 750W when overclocked to its limits...

+1... no idea why you would get a 1.6KW PSU when you rig will be lucky to pull 750W when overclocked to its limits...

No reason besides to just have it really... Glad I have the advice from fellow OCF members to act as a conscience cause apparently mine's been on vacation for a while.

It is 144hz 2560x1440 after searching. If you want to utilize the more than 60hz, get the 980ti.

Back