• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleeved cables for a Cooler Master 700W power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yawanathan

Registered
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has any information on where I can get sleeved modular cables for the PSU listed in the title. Also can you give me some understanding on Modular cables?

1. Are modular cables created to work only on the PSU you purchase?
2. Are there differences in the connections and voltages on PSU's that make them proprietary and therefore you can only use the cables that come with them?

Any help with this would be great, I have done research, but I don't see specifics when it comes to sleeved modular cables that tell me if they would work with the above listed PSU.

Thanks
Yawanathan

What's the PSU model?
"Cooler Master 700W" isn't enough for us to tell you anything.

In general you can find sleeved cables for PSUs by the manufacturer of the PSU itself. But they usually sell sleeved cables for their fully modular series of PSUs, so as ATM said, what's the PSU model?

Hello,

Sorry for not replying, I will post the requested information later today. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

The power supply is a cooler Master Silent ProM 700W, The only other numbers on it is RS-700-AMBA-D3. I hope this helps.

Thanks

That's only a semi-modular PSU, you won't be able to get a sleeved cable set for it.
What you'll have to get is an extension set that's sleeved and hide the unsleeved cables.

You can also diy (do it yourself) sleeve. There are plenty of guides out there and the results can be quite rewarding. Be warned it can be frustrating though, and takes alot of time and care. A little bit of technical knowhow doesnt hurt either.

psu_pic.jpg psu_pic_2.jpg

Here are some "before" and "after" pics of my first attempt

Edit: I was looking through a different section in the forums here and found this. Seemed like it might be at home here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/601475-Cable-Sleeving-Guide

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: Disassembling a non-modular PSU is dangerous!!
Make sure you know what you're doing before you pull it apart, as components in a PSU can seriously injure or kill you.

Also, it voids your warranty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+10

I would not Dis-assemble a PSU unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Not only can you damage your rig or burn your house down, but it CAN kill you.

Oh dear I do feel terrible! I should have me tinned the warranty issue. I guess after a certain point in time I kinda just took it for granted that everything I do voids warranty.

Any electrical component is definitely dangerous if you aren't knowledgeable. I guess I really ought to have not suggested such a thing. I can't apologize enough.

Back