• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Fallout 4 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They didn't seem to be creative with dialogue. In New Vegas, being a big dumb brute gave me a whole ton of new (stupid) things to say, and it was pretty fun. I haven't seen a single good line in 4. :(

I have the same feeling. In previous games playing with low or high intelligence was opening new ways to talk and finish some quests. Here high charisma and intelligence is adding one additional option which let you gain more caps as a reward. Sometimes it will let you end quest without a fight but it's rare.
I was thinking to pass F4 couple of times trying high and low stats but I see it won't change much. My brother is playing on the minutemen side and he sees about the same. For some reason almost all ends on fight whatever you do.

Figured id pipe in....My rig currently is playing this game on Ultra at 1080p i get 30-60fps......this is my first ever fallout game so im taking it slow.

Any reports on AMD CPU performance?

I am very curious about the CPU requirement for AMD side. I'll probably do a comparison of the 9590 and the 6300 with cores turning on and off.

ive been using the PC in my sigh with a 6300 @ 4.2 and a xfx r9 390.

All settings maxed I get a steady 53-60 fps in most places. I have had drops into the low 30s though in certain areas. I have also seen others get these drops in same areas across different cpus, so may not be amd related.

Thinking of just lowering my shadows and draw distance to make keep frames better.

AMD side on GPUs is a clear winner so far. Runs great with maxed out settings on my 8350+7970. Usually around 60 FPS, a few areas drop to 30, just like Rydis. Can't run it at all on my nVidia card - driver crashes immediately upon attempting to start a game. Have tried four older drivers versions (apparently works for some people) with no success. I don't expect anything beyond absolute minimum settings for a GT 540M, but it should at least run...

Might be something with the card. My 770 handles it without an issue. There are a few spots it will drop down to 45, but it isn't too much of an issue.

Only issue im having is after i play for a bit then shut the game down and go to desktop i cant restart the game. I have to restart my whole computer for it to launch the game again....

AMD side on GPUs is a clear winner so far. Runs great with maxed out settings on my 8350+7970. Usually around 60 FPS, a few areas drop to 30, just like Rydis. Can't run it at all on my nVidia card - driver crashes immediately upon attempting to start a game. Have tried four older drivers versions (apparently works for some people) with no success. I don't expect anything beyond absolute minimum settings for a GT 540M, but it should at least run...

For the most part AMD is losing at similar price points to nVidia. I don't see what you are surprised by that a much more powerful card and system is running better than a budget mobile card.

For the most part AMD is losing at similar price points to nVidia. I don't see what you are surprised by that a much more powerful card and system is running better than a budget mobile card.

For this game. Nobody is talking about overall performance.

I don't expect a cheap old laptop card to run it well. I DO expect it to at least run. Given the apparent number of people for whom the game won't run at all on several different nVidia cards, and the contrasting number of complaints of the game being unplayable on AMD cards (I've noticed none, but I've only browsed Steam forums and a few searches not mentioning either brand), I'd still argue that AMD is better for this game until Bethesda fixes whatever they're doing to cause driver crashes (or somebody points me to the mass of threads about AMD driver crashes).

Also, it's really hard to keep an older driver version installed on Windows 10, since it'll update it for you within a few minutes of startup.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that in every performance comparison posted online the amd cards are trailing nvidia.

I've only played for about an hour or so, with no crashes on my 290x. But I also haven't seen a lot of people complaining on reddit either way of crashing.

uh...haven't played, just watching a 'let's play' why do i want to punch everyone this guys' talked to so far? the dialog doesn't inspire confidence...for the rest of the game. =/

I went ahead and installed that, a lock picking mod (that assuming you have the skill for it just holding left/right will unlock) as I think the lock picking minigame is terrible. And a mod to remove encumbrance as I find that to be a pain in the ***.

Might be something with the card. My 770 handles it without an issue. There are a few spots it will drop down to 45, but it isn't too much of an issue.

You're running windows 3.1 on an i7-5820 (according 2 ur sig)? What's that like?

Do you have the 4 GiB 770?

You're running windows 3.1 on an i7-5820 (according 2 ur sig)? What's that like?

Do you have the 4 GiB 770?
Yeah, it's pretty sweet and super fast. I have the 770 classified, so it has 4gb.

I'm actually more impressed that you are running the game on a Win 3.1 system.

Actually, I'm impressed you could configure the memory to with the OS...

How did you split game files so that it could run on a FAT32 system?

I'm actually more impressed that you are running the game on a Win 3.1 system.

Actually, I'm impressed you could configure the memory to with the OS...

How did you split game files so that it could run on a FAT32 system?

FAT16, you mean.

Back