• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Fallout 4 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So...... the wait is over. Tonight at midnight.

Do I really need to work tomorrow?

A nice article HERE on the making of F4 if you are interested.

Downloaded the pipboy app for my Nexus. It looks sexy. We will see how it works in game.

Android pipboy app
IOS Pipboy app

Last edited:
Reviews are relatively positive across the board.

The only things I've read that are negative:

It's graphically ugly, watching some streams/videos of 1080p Ultra and it doesn't look like a game from 2015, or even from 2012.

The dialog options are supposedly pretty underwhelming, as is most of the story.

All of these comments refer to PS4/XBOX versions. I have not found any reviews for PC exclusively.

Sorry RPS is PC review. I need screenshots now :)

Every game I've ever looked at on those Candyland comparisons I can't tell the difference. If I didn't know better I would think console was on par with PC in every game. It's when I play Battlefield on PS4 at a friends house and then come home and play it on my PC that the differences are stark.

Any reports on AMD CPU performance?

I am very curious about the CPU requirement for AMD side. I'll probably do a comparison of the 9590 and the 6300 with cores turning on and off.

I'm somehow disappointed about the graphics. It looks not much better than Fallout 3. There are better textures and some additional effects but in general it's like next part on old engine with new story.
There are also other things that are not as good as expected like quite small map above the ground. There are caves and other places but in general something is missing. I wish to see large wastelands like in F1/2.
Perk system is also a bit flat. There were more perks in older Fallouts and now almost all is about killing enemies and options related to that.

Well, let's say I just started it and had not much time to check everything. Maybe after so long waiting I was simply expecting more.

Anyway it runs on max graphics details on i5 [email protected], GTX960@stock 1920x1200 and game actually suggests max details for this hardware.

I agree with you Woomack, the textures and overall graphics are quite mediocre compared to games of today, or even the last 3 years.

The pc interface is terrible

Grrr...at work. I have deliberately avoiding reviews and youtube vids so I can make my own decision.

I will not be able to play until about 8 pm tonight....... only 11 hours to go. :rain:

I have to hold off until Christmas! My kids want to get this (and The Witcher 3) for me for Christmas......AHHHHHHH

I have to hold off until Christmas! My kids want to get this (and The Witcher 3) for me for Christmas......AHHHHHHH

Here's what I would do -- have them get it for you now so you can enjoy it and their xmas present would be to give you a day to yourself to enjoy it around the holiday :)

Here's what I would do -- have them get it for you now so you can enjoy it and their xmas present would be to give you a day to yourself to enjoy it around the holiday :)

I don't know if I would be able to sell that one...they want it to...and they need to focus on getting through their college finals!

My "standing" holiday rules are that I don't shower for 2, 3, 4, ... days after Christmas as I lock myself in my office and play with my new toys.:santa:

I could buy it...play it (in stealth)...and then sell it to somebody! Who wants a used Fallout 4 copy on 12/25?:chair:

I was able to play it last night for 3hrs. I have an LG Ultra wide 2k 21:9 monitor, so for the first hour I was messing with settings to get the resolution to fit my screen. Everything works, but the HUD is really stretched, and some text and graphics are not aligned correctly. Something I expected, and I know will be fixed in the future.

Those complaining about textures, just wait for mods. Bethesda games have an exponential scale when mods are applied. Its sad that a AAA game has to rely on the modding community to make the game better, but it also creates a custom game for everyone. Well at least those that are on PC/Xbox?? FO4 so far has been FO3 but with a cleaner engine.

I'm also reallllly missing the old communication style. I'd like to know that I'm about to blow the head off of the npc I am currently talking to. It helps me anticipate my actions, not surprise me and live with the consequences.

Decent video showing GPU performance benchmarks.

As I understand it turning down God Rays to low gives a large performance increase for basically no visual difference.

I was about to buy this game but a huge majority of the steam reviews are saying they don't recommend it. I also see a lot of people saying the game crashes on start up. Is anyone having issues playing this?

i think i am going to stay away from this for the time being and will hope to grab it in Christmas steam sale :)
I really doubt this is going to be on sale this year, or even the first half of 2016.

Back