• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Fallout 4 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By far graphically battlefront. Fallout 4 looks OK but not much better than skyrim.

That said, I wouldn't buy battlefront for the asking price, not enough replayability according to reviewers I trust.

Yeaaahhh, got my FO4 for PC today.... wondering if I should finish my playthrough of RP in skyrim or bath in the wilderness of FO4 universe...
Ain't it a ***** when you gotta make decision like that... :screwy::clap::D

After playing FO3 & NV to death.. hope this is interesting enough challenge...:)

By far graphically battlefront. Fallout 4 looks OK but not much better than skyrim.

That said, I wouldn't buy battlefront for the asking price, not enough replayability according to reviewers I trust.

I dont know. The skys and the environment look much better than vanilla skyrim to me. And skyrim goes for a different art direction than fallout. Its kind of like saying borderlands has bad graphics. Its different style but the style they did was done really well. Granted some issues in fallout, but im sure mods and such will give us a better experience and reasons to come back and play.

From videos I've seen, graphics indeed are disappointing for a 2015 AAA game that commands a $60 price.

From videos I've seen, graphics indeed are disappointing for a 2015 AAA game that commands a $60 price.
If you are playing Fallout for the graphics, you are playing the wrong game. Are you seriously judging the whole thing on one point?

D6D4107724D6A2AF361AA828C48C5B1AA9966AA4

looks decent enough for me.

It looks alright, I'm just saying that textures could be higher resolution and such. I realize it isn't a direct comparison, but I believe they are quite limited by the engine they've been using for a decade compared to the capabilities that CDPR did with Witcher3's engine that is gorgeous. That and they can just not care and as always let the modders fix the stuff they don't want to spend time on.

It looks alright, I'm just saying that textures could be higher resolution and such. I realize it isn't a direct comparison, but I believe they are quite limited by the engine they've been using for a decade compared to the capabilities that CDPR did with Witcher3's engine that is gorgeous. That and they can just not care and as always let the modders fix the stuff they don't want to spend time on.
This is the Skryim engine (which was a heavily modified Gambryo engine). It looks fine, and the texture packs will make it great.

The most important thing in gaming is ..... the gameplay!... not graphics.. if anyone's fussy and complaining about graphics, then perhaps they should get a job as graphic designer or digital artist or something like that... honestly, so much whinging and whining about how crappy Bethesda makes the graphics compared to (insert other game). Would a graphically pretty game be better to play than a game that has excellent gameplay?? seriously.. this is losing the plot of pc gaming! just my opinion.

You're right gameplay is very important and more important than graphical improvements by a long shot.

That said, Bethesda has been using the same basic formulas for their games with the same jankey engine for a long time now that has had a lot of the same issues for a long time.

The greatness and downfall of this game is the ability to do a lot of different things in this game in a lot of different orders and ways. Doing so has been known to cause some very weird bugs and issues with the game (quests not loading or scripting properly etc). But you pay for that with the freedom you have in Bethesda games.

I'll just say that it is fortunate that these games are very heavily moddable, as I find it to be more about changing and modding the game to fit my needs rather than playing with the vanilla experience that I find to be less than perfect.

The most important thing in gaming is ..... the gameplay!... not graphics.. if anyone's fussy and complaining about graphics, then perhaps they should get a job as graphic designer or digital artist or something like that... honestly, so much whinging and whining about how crappy Bethesda makes the graphics compared to (insert other game). Would a graphically pretty game be better to play than a game that has excellent gameplay?? seriously.. this is losing the plot of pc gaming! just my opinion.

graphics are important as well. Yes gameplay trumps all, but people care about graphics and the looks of the game. Games like Skyrim and Fallout would not be as popular or as well liked as they are if they were text based games.

People like realism and people like getting them most they can out of their game. Whether it be audio, graphics or gameplay. Telling someone that has a different opinion than you to take up a job as one is a ridiculous argument. You can have an opinion on something even if you aren't in that profession.

A good analogy to real life would be people who date based on looks are considered bad and should do so based on personality. Basing someone purely on personality is just as bad as basing them on looks alone. You should like everything, or at least most things (personality, looks, hygene..etc) about it and it isn't bad or wrong to hold to higher standards.

I mean its ok for games like Dont Starve, Borderlands and even Undertale, where the specific art direction is meant to different, and it does it well while retaining quality.

The argument that graphics are no longer important holds no weight in this generation. If it did, people would care about 1080p and better, higher framerates, better resolution in tv and cable quality. This is especially true in games like Fallout where you are meant to be immersed in the world. And you need more than gameplay to accomplish that.

graphics are important as well. Yes gameplay trumps all, but people care about graphics and the looks of the game. Games like Skyrim and Fallout would not be as popular or as well liked as they are if they were text based games.
This is a bad analogy. "If games didn't have graphics, people wouldn't play them!". We are saying if the graphics were worse, it is still a good game. If it looked like Oblivion, I'd still play it.

People can base their opinion on whatever they want. I'm saying basing your opinion purely on graphics is dumb.

This is a bad analogy. "If games didn't have graphics, people wouldn't play them!". We are saying if the graphics were worse, it is still a good game. If it looked like Oblivion, I'd still play it.

People can base their opinion on whatever they want. I'm saying basing your opinion purely on graphics is dumb.

i still play 2d games. :) not even good graphics.

OH MY GOD THE SE GRAPHICS ARE SO AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE doesnt have to be the case everytime. p.s. there will be graphics mods in like 2 seconds so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhutttt up.

heres an analogy. if no one cares, you should shhhhhhhhhh. (not corey... to whoever was *****ing about bad graphics im too lazy to scroll up.)

absolutely, but the way you worded your opinion made it seem like one shouldn't consider graphics at all, and if they did, they should just work in that industry. Your words.

my point being is telling someone they should't worry about graphics as long as gameplay is there isn't as black and white. Games like Fallout and skyrim are meant to immerse you in the world, and you need visuals to help achieve that.

Yes Morrowind is great, Oblivion was good, and are still fun played today. But there are also reasons people come up with Skywind (and moving into different realms, why Avatar is as poplular as it is and why they waited so long to make it) Its very game dependent, and we are visual people

Back