• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Fallout 4 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
absolutely, but the way you worded your opinion made it seem like one shouldn't consider graphics at all, and if they did, they should just work in that industry. Your words.
As long as the graphics don't interfere with the gameplay, I don't see the problem.

i havent had enough beer yet today to partake in this thread.

I have been playing PC gaming from the beginning of PCs and the computer power of a high end desktop and video cards now can do allot better with gaming graphics and AI. I want a immersive experience like a CGI movie done with rendering servers, so I would like see that kind of graphics in the future on a PCs. So I cant wait for the next game that brings my PC to its knees to push technology, like the saying can it play crysis. for me Fallout 4 is not worth the money for PC just my opinion.

I have been playing PC gaming from the beginning of PCs and the computer power of a high end desktop and video cards now can do allot better with gaming graphics and AI. I want a immersive experience like a CGI movie done with rendering servers, so I would like see that kind of graphics in the future on a PCs. So I cant wait for the next game that brings my PC to its knees to push technology, like the saying can it play crysis. for me Fallout 4 is not worth the money for PC just my opinion.

to each their own, but I think your doing yourself a disservice. Its definitely worth the money.

Ladies and gents, Fallout 4 is quite good and well worth the money. I pre-ordered and picked it up at the 11pm launch party at one of my local GameStops and honestly I had lower expectations after playing the Fallout 3 abomination. Boy was I way underestimating it. I pretty much played it non-stop for 1 day less than 3 months before I beat it and I was very satisfied at just about everything. I loved it so much I am upgrading my PC to be able to play it with mods on Ultra. All the negative stuff I just ignored since each person is different and has different tastes/experiences. I thought Bethesda overall did a FANTASTIC job with it despite using the older Creation Engine--which lead to so many BS complaints. I'm getting old now so my perspective on things like this (the incessant complaints and negativity) are just not worth my time, life's too short to focus on a bunch of negativity. :thup: Just enjoy things for what they are and relax. :cool:

I saved my game right before I build the teleporter to the Institute so I could fork out and do all three quest lines. I finished the Railroad first at level 75, the Brotherhood of Steel at level 73 and the Institute at level 70 (Minutemen was also 70). The Railroad seemed to be more in-depth and had more content so I attribute my higher end level to that fact. I did have a certain satisfaction with completing the Railroad first THEN the Brotherhood of Steel immediately afterwards--and if you've beaten these two faction's quest lines you understand why. lol :D I would change some things but nothing really big and nothing to detract from the game itself. I highly recommend this game for anyone who likes RPGs, FPSes, or RPG-FPS (ala Borderlands). There is so much content here that you can definitely have a good time.

I've attached a screengrab of my XBOX Smartglass app to show my progress shortly after I beat the BOS questline.

*edit*
I don't like building anything. It takes a lot of time and at the end it looks bad anyway. Not to mention it's pretty useless to make it ( or maybe only I see no point ). Like turrets and other defenses. There is an info it will defend your settlement and lower chance to be attacked but somehow I can't see it make any special difference if you set good defense or not. I never see anything attacking it.

Ummmm, no. There are some great images out there with some good looking settlements. It takes time to get a good looking settlement. And your defense needs to be lower than the Food+Power+Water to see attacks more frequently.

Attachments

• fo4.jpg
    fo4.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back