• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Val155

I want to add two more additional 120MM fans to my rig to help keep the GPU cool. I moved cables around and am now wanting to improve air flow. My case came with one 120MM fan on the front and one 120MM fan on the back. My case supports two additional fans on the top, one more additional on the back and one additional on the front. I'm thinking about putting another 120MM fan on the top to take air out and another on the front to bring more cooler air into the case. Is this a good idea? Also, what is corsair a good quality yet quiet fan to get? There is a two pack bundle on amazon for like $22. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm thinking about putting another 120MM fan on the top to take air out and another on the front to bring more cooler air into the case. Is this a good idea? Also, what is corsair a good quality yet quiet fan to get? There is a two pack bundle on amazon for like $22. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes that is a good idea! :thup:

I know what you're taking about, corsair sells most their fans in single and 2-pack varieties.
Since these are for airflow and not radiators, make sure to get the AF120 ones, not the SP120 ones. SP are for radiators. Also, make sure to get the performance edition, not the quiet edition. Performance ones are still quiet, but have pretty decent airflow. The quiet editions have garbage airflow.

Their are better options that'll push more air, but those are a pretty good value.

+1

I know Noctuas are some of the best SP fans, but is there another company that has the same quality level but with better airflow? ~60 CFM on the redux isn't the best in the world.

It's not all about CFM. It's about CFM while under pressure.
Even though that CFM number isn't the best, it doesn't matter, because the CFM rating is measured in a zero pressure condition.

Back