• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon Setting with the new driver question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

Could someone explain to me what is the difference between SmoothVision and Anisotropic Filters? I have just dowload the lastest driver from ATI. With the older driver, Anisotropic only has 3 setting, disable, high, and highest. Now with the new driver, you can set it to application perference or Always on. I selected Always on and I was able to set it from 2x to 16x. But when I saved and exit and come back in, it set back to application perference. Why does it do that?

my anisotropic filters is set to application preference. Does this mean that it is enabled? If I set it to Always on, when I come back in, it is set back to application preference. Another question, what is the difference between OpenGL and Direct3D? Does most game used OpenGL? Do I have to bother with Direct 3D setting?

Back