• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750W Corsair, time to replace?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

expert87

Hi...

My rig consits of the following:
CPU: I5 - 3570K @4.5GHZ
Cooler: Custom liquid cooling with LAING DDC pump
6 Fans (4 120 corsair , 2x200)
MB: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
GPU: 2x EVGA 680 GTX+FTW 4GB GDDR5
Storage: 2SSDs , 4 7500 HDS (black WDs) , total of 3 Raid 0 arrays

the water cooling is still under process (will be installed shortly)
the PSU I'm using is a Corsair 750W

I've checked around in some PSU calculation website, it advised to use 850Watts PSU , now my psu has been around for 5 years (if not more)... it is still hanging on without interruptions, which I'm afraid of happening after installing the cooling system and an extra HD

should I upgrade my PSU to persay 1000W ?

Thanks for the fast reply :)

A question, is there a way to know if the psu is overloaded? I read somewhere that if voltage drops below 4.9v on the 5v line the psu is overloaded !

If its overloaded, it will likely just shut down/reboot with heavy loads.

I read somewhere that if voltage drops below 4.9v on the 5v line the psu is overloaded !
Not sure where you read that, but it is not correct. The ATX spec is 5% variance on any of the rails. ;)

Last edited:
Which 750 Watt Corsair unit is it?

There are several different models.

TX750 v1.0 (80+ Certified), TX750 v2.0 (80+ Bronze Certified), HX750 v1.0 (80+ Gold Certified), HX750 v2.0 (80+ Gold Certified), CX750, CX750M...

Last edited:
Would the answer change with the model? I mean, the CX's aren't great, but they can put out their advertised power...

Indeed, but, all of those are from the same generation really. ;)

HX was replaced with AXi, TX is RS, or something along those lines.

Your setup looks like mine but mine is one gen older, my 750 is still going.

On the odd side, having two 680 for so long caused mobo damaged or the board became defective in that area.

Indeed, but, all of those are from the same generation really. ;)

HX was replaced with AXi, TX is RS, or something along those lines.

Actually there are two different versions of TX series (one from 2007-2011, other from 2009-2014 IIRC), and two different versions of HX series (at the very least). Not sure if they are based upon different designs or layouts for the PCB/circuit design, as I don't have one of each version, but I know they look physically different on the outside of the unit. (I've owned TX750 v1 and HX750 v1.)

Back