• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 upgrade to 8350/70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You were referencing the 4690K and 6600K pricing in the post I quoted, which is what my post had context toward.
Oh sorry, last time i checked it was more than 50$ more expensive, and because i live in another country then its way over 70 bucks more expensive.

I know, I meant what about the price differences (Mobo's) for overclocking these CPU's

I'm not sure what you're asking. If it's a Z170 board and has the features you need then grab one.
You're not going to see noticeable differences in overclocking on 99% of Z170 motherboards, you'll run out of cooling before running out of board.

I'm not sure what you're asking. If it's a Z170 board and has the features you need then grab one.
You're not going to see noticeable differences in overclocking on 99% of Z170 motherboards, you'll run out of cooling before running out of board.

I meant the price differences between the Z170 and the overclocking mobo for the Hasswell/DC CPU

- - - Updated - - -

I meant the price differences between the Z170 and the overclocking mobo for the Hasswell/DC CPU

This depends what features you need in a motherboard, it isn't "one size fits all" like comparing CPU's.

This depends what features you need in a motherboard, it isn't "one size fits all" like comparing CPU's.

Ok, You dont understand and im too lazy to keep kinda arguing (Not your fault, You're a good member in this forums :)).

Last edited:
Ok, You dont understand and im too lazy to keep kinda arguing (Not your fault, You're a good member in this forums :)).

No, I do understand. You can't just say "how much is an overclocking motherboard for X platform vs Y platform" because in each platform there are entry, middle, and top range motherboards.
All three of those ranges have plenty of motherboards which will overclock an 1150 or 1151 CPU just fine.
What places you into one of those different boards depends on what you need from the motherboard; i.e. more SATA ports, more USB ports, onboard power buttons, etc.

I hope this explains it better...

No, I do understand. You can't just say "how much is an overclocking motherboard for X platform vs Y platform" because in each platform there are entry, middle, and top range motherboards.
All three of those ranges have plenty of motherboards which will overclock an 1150 or 1151 CPU just fine.
What places you into one of those different boards depends on what you need from the motherboard; i.e. more SATA ports, more USB ports, onboard power buttons, etc.

I hope this explains it better...

Yes, Now i understand what you're saying, Most people will not need too much features so an entry to middle-end Motherboard is fine.

Last edited:
Back