• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPUPI for CPU 1B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acce55

Registered
Hi Again,

can someone please check this submission out for me.

I seem to of got a large number of points for a baseline submission. Meaning completely standard, No OC, stock cooling, slow memory. I'm glad too get the points of course, its just surprising considering my other submissions at this rig "level" and i don't want to rely on them if they're not valid.

Hers the link

http://hwbot.org/submission/2887869_

Thanks in Advance.

looks legit and all the needs are there as well. some benches will gain good points as you have the hyper threaded cpu and the top bin at that. good work and enjoy

Hi Again,

can someone please check this submission out for me.

I seem to of got a large number of points for a baseline submission. Meaning completely standard, No OC, stock cooling, slow memory. I'm glad too get the points of course, its just surprising considering my other submissions at this rig "level" and i don't want to rely on them if they're not valid.

Hers the link

http://hwbot.org/submission/2887869_

Thanks in Advance.
Ace55 a couple of things, you're running your ram at 1333, you should set it to 1600 Mhz as per the XMP-1600 profile. I have also found that the AMD App SDK open Cl drivers work better on my 4770k then the Intel Open Cl 15.1 driver. You can also mess with the Batch Size and Reduction size to find what works best for your chip. Have a look in this thread, we have a summer competition going on which includes GpuPi for the Cpu and max clocks at 4.0. You may find some settings that will help improve your times.

looks legit and all the needs are there as well. some benches will gain good points as you have the hyper threaded cpu and the top bin at that. good work and enjoy

Ok Fantastic - Thank you very much. That throws me well over the 20 point barrier - hooray.

Ace55 a couple of things, you're running your ram at 1333, you should set it to 1600 Mhz as per the XMP-1600 profile.
\

Right OK. I dont know much about playing with memory yet, but today's job is to upgrade to a faster G-Skill set today. I'll do some reading as well

I have also found that the AMD App SDK open Cl drivers work better on my 4770k then the Intel Open Cl 15.1 driver.

Yes - that is the case with my 4690K, but i was confused as to why i couldnt see them on this 4790 Rig and then i remembered that i have an AMD graphics card on the 4690. I'll install as part of my optimizng phase (see below)

You can also mess with the Batch Size and Reduction size to find what works best for your chip.

Yep, got that one, again part of the optimizing phase - some of the other guys put me onto this when i was competing in the Rookie Rumble recently. Again part of the optimizing phase

Have a look in this thread, we have a summer competition going on which includes GpuPi for the Cpu and max clocks at 4.0. You may find some settings that will help improve your times.

On my to-do list. :)

I have a (poor) build thread which details this more, but i'm putting the rig together in stages and benchmarking at each stage in order to understand where the best gains are made. My phases are;

1.Motherboard, standard mem, 2xSSD in Raid0, No OC or tweaking - Done and 10-ish submissions made to hwbot
2.Upgrade memory to G-Skill 2400 and repeat benchmarks - Hopefully today if life allows
3.Watercool the rig and repeat benchmarks- By the end of the weekend if possible. Will take temp benchmarks as well
4.Overclock and tweak over the next few weeks repeat benchmarks and enter the latest Rookie Rumble.

I was considering adding a proper air cooling phase as i have the gear for that, but decided i wanted this rig up to tweaking point asap.

Thanks again for all the help.

Back