• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Trustworthy Custom Part Retailers (Cheap Ones if They Exist)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teetar

Registered
Hello, I'm just starting to get into trying to find custom parts to make my PC look even better. I found V1 Tech, and I'm considering getting some parts from them, but there are a few problems. First of all, are they a trustworthy retailer? Second of all, are their prices fair? What are some of the retailers you guys use to get custom parts? I'm trying to get a backplate for my MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming graphics card, and they seem to be one of the only sellers of them, with great options for customization, and it almost makes $40 for a backplate seem very fair. But then again, I don't know what competitors are selling them for. Also, I'm looking to get some custom PSU cabling, and the ones they sell are only 12", so are there any places you guys know where I can get them longer? I'm not sure how long I'll need to get the perfect fit from my PSU to the components, but definitely more than 12".

Thanks for any help or suggestions you guys can offer!

the only other two that I can add to the mix is microcenter and frys for a few things.

Why don't I ever see frys when I run a search? I've been dozens of pages into results and almost never see them. I've read about them quite a bit though (on many different forums)

Why don't I ever see frys when I run a search? I've been dozens of pages into results and almost never see them. I've read about them quite a bit though (on many different forums)

They are quite regional, mostly west coast (Cali) and a few placed elsewhere. Microcenter has a similar number of stores, but is spread out a little better around the country.

Back