• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid question - how decent are the condenser units found on ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks 15"w by 12" tall 12" deep off pic one judging by dimensions (search term to include with model number) here: http://www.embraco.com/desktopmodules/catalogo/arquivos/02003.pdf or message 'em ;)

typically made for fridges, not designed for constant use, you'll want industrial refrigerator like ones in the bottom of a pop glass doored vending cabinet that gets opened and shut all day during vending\at 7/11.

Last edited:
That is a commercial condensing unit that will work just fine for your use. But it's pretty expensive for what it is and R134a isn't that good for very low temps. You'll want R404a, R410a, R433a/b/c, or R507 for better low temp performance. R22 is good too but beware that R22 is becoming hard to find now. For low temp, R410a is hard to beat if you can find a R410a condensing unit designed for low temp applications.

CSIR = Capacitor Start Induction Run. In other words, it's an old design without a run cap.

I think I saw the forum post version of the last link, but I haven't seen that version. Thanks for the input - I won't be moving forward for a while. Also, I have my EPA certification so I can buy r-22 if I go that route :)

I think I saw the forum post version of the last link, but I haven't seen that version. Thanks for the input - I won't be moving forward for a while. Also, I have my EPA certification so I can buy r-22 if I go that route :)

Lucky, have fun! but be safe. :fight:

Back