• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Q9650 on ASUS P5Q-SE Motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ahmet35470

Hi friends,

I need a help to overclock my Q9650 cpu on P5Q-SE motherboard. Is there anyone that has same hardware as mine and knows the settings to overlock it? I saw some people overclocked that cpu up to 4.5 ghz... I have 8 gbs of ddr2 ram (2gbx4). I have cooler master vortex plus. GTX 760 gpu. 750 W ps.

Not sure you will run into anyone with the same exact setup considering its age. Also, one person's settings may not work with yours in the first place considering the differences in the CPU among other things. That said, below is a link to an overclocking guide for that generation of hardware. Check it out, read it a couple of times and give it a try. When you get hung up or have questions, or get a good overclock, report back and let us know!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...lock-C2Q-(Quads)-and-C2D-(Duals)-A-Guide-v1-1

I recommend that your motherboard has the P45 chipset.
It is a P45 based board...

...its just not a great one for overclocking considering its anemic power phase count and lack of a heatsink on them. But he should be able to get something out of it. ;)

Back