• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at my Homemade Ramsinks:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've already bought some!

Fortunately (depending on how you look at it) the cut was so neat (due to the sharp blades) it didn't start bleeding for about 4 seconds, then well thats another story!

Not only that my hands are rougher than my sandpaper!, I wonder what possesed me to do it! I suppose as I'm watercooling the GPU soon, I wanted to cool the RAM so I can Volt Mod them both without risk to the card. (due to the "good" cooling!)

Good news now! My fingers stopped bleeding! After 6 dressings, no more sanding for a while though.......:p

lol what a day! have a :beer: guys,

Maximus Nickus

Great!
I've ordered 3 more 120MM fans, some Adhesive, Fan Grills, and I might order a Vid Card/N-Bridge Block, maybe even HDD to!

I haven't installed it yet partly because of my stupididty (fan) and because I'm waiting for the fans to arrive.

That heater core is awesome........:D

Nice job nick, have u hooked up the h2o yet?
and what kind of fan is that? i wanna test it on my finger(LOL)
j/k, but thats lot of cfm, is it loud?
-Malakai

It certainly is loud! But its at 7 volts now silent....so tranquill!

I haven't hooked up the H20 yet as I'm waiting for 3 more (silent) 120MM's + fans guards to arrive plus a new Aluminium Resevoir and 400GPH pump! Then i'll have two pumps and resevoirs...

I've also ordered some A Alumina Adhesive + AS3. Some elbow bends, joints etc! Oh and for the hell of it 20ft of hosing!!!

I might even be able to order a N-Bridge + Vid Card block + HDD block, but all this $$$ is coming out of my 2Ghz T-Bred money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I'm getting a job so...what the hey? I'm sure with a Volt Mod to my 1 Ghz T-Bird will fly by 1.5Ghz, its at 1.33Ghz with Default voltage afterall!!!!!!!

My fingers well bandaged now as well, so I may resume typing! Have a Good Day!

M_N

Hey Cisco kid, how does the 512mb samsung pc2700 overclock? its exactly what I want to get.

those are really nice... i tried to do something like that once but I ran out of patience LOL

Speaking of hacksaws, i was cutting a bolt with one of them the other day, and it had this plate on it, and i was holding the plate out of the way, and i slipped, and sliced my finger. THAT HURT. Got a full stroke on it too. Not sure if it went to the bone or not, but it bled alot.:D

I'm new to this forum so I think everybody knows something that I don't. I can't see any pictures for your homemade ram sinks Maximus Nickus. Thank you in advance and great job on Cooling - The Definitive Guide.

Back