• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disc Read Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Have an older Toshiba laptop. I installed Win7 on it last week no problem. Decided to add ram and a ssd.
So I decided to clone the hdd to sdd using acronis. It messed up during transfer and I could not get it to reboot to hdd. So installed ssd and installed win7. Everything installed fine. It did a couple updates and now when it reboots I get a disc read error. Have set default in bios. Have tried installing different ssd and reinstall windows still get read disc error.
Any ideas on problem??

Still having the problem, or did you get it solved Hardass?

My first thought with an SSD getting a read error on a laptop would be checking that the laptop HDD connector had a good connection with clean contacts. If that looks good, I'd pull the SSD and put it in another system and try and run some benchmarking tests on the drive to see if it performing well.

Still having the problem, or did you get it solved Hardass?

My first thought with an SSD getting a read error on a laptop would be checking that the laptop HDD connector had a good connection with clean contacts. If that looks good, I'd pull the SSD and put it in another system and try and run some benchmarking tests on the drive to see if it performing well.

I installed a 32bit OS and it installed and booted correctly. I then installed the 64bit OS and it installed correctly. Not really sure what the problem was.

I installed a 32bit OS and it installed and booted correctly. I then installed the 64bit OS and it installed correctly. Not really sure what the problem was.

Definitely weird. Glad you got it worked out.

Back