• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Backward Compatibility.png

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is here. Now you can play a growing number of your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One at no additional cost. With over 100 titles slated for this fall, and hundreds more added every month, Xbox One is now the best place to play your Xbox 360 games. Experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history—exclusively on Xbox One.

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is easy to use

The Xbox One Backward Compatibility Beta is available starting June 15 for Xbox preview members. The program will launch broadly in fall 2015.

The digital titles that you own and are part of the Back Compat game catalog will automatically show up in the “Ready to Install” section on your Xbox One. For disc-based games that are a part of the Back Compat game catalog, simply insert the disc and the console will begin downloading the game to your hard drive. After the game has finished downloading, you will still need to keep the game disc in the drive to play.

Source

ahh, so its not really using the information on the disc its downloading a re-mastered version to work on a x86-64 system.
some one kept trying to tell me it was native support and I was wondering how with out a 360 cpu/gpu combo in there and a big *** PSU to power both but now I see its basically game files in wrappers to address what ever potential compatibility issue that a particular game may have

I watched the very small part one guy was playing Mass Effect on X1 to show how it would play of all the games to use they chose a seriously old game which sometimes didn't run very well on 360 for god sake. And what's more they use footage at the end of the game were it didn't have any intense scenery or action but then that footage it showed like it was slowing down in frame rate at points. It's a good idea and one that's better than Sony's PS Now streaming because it's free it's ironic how when these consoles released X1 was over prices and PS4 was at the right point and thus MS got it wrong and Sony got it right to some.

Yet a few years later for some features X1 got it right and PS4 didn't it's £40 a month for now which is overpriced for that you could go out and get a used PS3 and loads of games for the total year cost.

Phil Spencer Interview

For anyone interested in Xbox One backward compatibility, check out this Phil Spencer Interview video....

Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer talks about Xbox today and going forward, including a peek at Xbox One backward compatibility for Xbox 360 games. He discussed about the E3 announcements about some new IPs, games like Rare Reply, Halo and more.

Back