• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux and Microsoft Silverlight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pbcranium202

It has been awhile since I've been on the forum. Unfortuantely, life has come to a point where I have little time to build or try new things. However, I am currently having some issues. I have Ubuntu 14.04 loaded on my current laptop (it is the only computer I have currently). I am taking a class (majoring in Cybersecurity) and it requires the use of an online lab which need Microsoft Silverlight to run. I have tried looking it up online how to get it to work, but perhaps its my poor knowledge of command line use, but I cannot get it to work. Even when I cut and paste. Is there anyone who could walk me through getting it to run. Just a warning, I do not know how to utilize WINE. I'm thinking this is where my issue is. Thanks!

Cheers,
Matt

If you need silverlight look into the Pipelight project. They have a PPA for Ubuntu. It will have what you need

Back