• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G430 Headset Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b_nicks

Hello all,

I have a bit of an issue. My cat chewed through the cord of my Logitech G430 headset. I don't think splicing or soldering it is going to fix the issue. Is there anywhere I can buy replacement parts? I would need the entire left ear piece where the cord connects to. USB dongle is still fine. I checked under the Spare Parts section of the Logitech site and couldn't find anything. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find parts or how to repair, or am I SOL?

Could always try contacting Logitech support. I imagine you are likely SOL if it isn't a cable that disconnects easily.

EBay may have a unit you could buy cheap to scavenge parts from.

That said, since this is a $60 headset, you may be better off just buying a new one if Logitech can't help.

I haven't been able to find much on eBay. I know it's not the most expensive headset but it was practically brand new. I'd hate to have to shell out another $60. I've opened a case with Logitech support so I'll see what they have to say.

Honestly the best advice I can give is to get a pair of nice headphones [read: NOT HEADSET] and attach a mod mic to them to create your own headset. The sound quality will be magnitudes better. If you need suggestions on what to buy theres plenty of knowledge here.

Back