• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mini dp to hdmi not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

So i have 1 graphics card, radeon 6950. 3 monitors

32" hdmi to hdmi
18" vga to dvi
22" samsung hdmi to mini dp to hdmi connector.

I cannot get the mini dp to hdmi monitor working, right now i have my resolution set to duplicated between my 32 and my 22" It says no signal , every 40 seconds or so though it almost wants to connect to the display and even sometimes it shows a quick display of my deskkstop then goes back to no signal what could be wrong? I tried a brand new hdmi cord.

Oh i see i had to go into eye infity... ok so my next question is, can i use 1 main monitor and extend the other 2?

Last edited:
yzfspecvr6, please only create one thread per topic. I removed the duplicate thread.

ok so im figuring out this whole 3 monitor deal im getting them to work

However am i able to to run my main display on my 32" and use my other 2 monitors just for extend just so i can have internet browser on 1 monitor, and a program running on another?

Last edited:
What, exactly, is the adapter you are using?
It is likely it won't work properly unless it is active.

I have a active mini dp to hdmi adapter whatever monitor is connected to that mini dp to hdmi though is a little lagy not horrible is that normal?

I just want to have 1 monitor for my main to play game, and 2 separate monitors, like 1 monitor to go on internet, and other monitor to watch youtube videos how do i go on about doing this??

Oh, I see that you got it working now.
Please post screenshots of your CCC settings so that we know what we're working with here.

Please red above reply I gave to you, Im being told I cant have 2 extend monitors, cant run windows on 2 separate monitors. You can only extend 1 monitor?

like this guy

i dont have any ccc set to any settings right now because im not sure how to even make 3 monitors run with 1 main, and 2 extend I see now that people are doing it though even with my card they just dont say how

so even a simple, extend, I have my hdmi to hdmi main screen on, and it wont let me extend to the active mini dp to hdmi, the screen goes blank.

I can do every other possible setup,

example

Make mini dp to hdmi main display, and extend to hdmi to hdmi screen. Or duplicate both screens. But again I cannot make hdmi to hdmi my main screen, and extend desktop to my mini dp to hdmi...

I think im missing some hardware?

Last edited:
Back