• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$97 for JVC KW-R910BT Double-DIN Bluetooth CD/USB Receiver Head Unit Car Stereo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=JVCKWR910BT

Offer Valid June 10 - June 25, 2015

$20 OFF Orders of $100 or more with coupon code:
VisaDadGrad20

MUST USE VISA CHECKOUT - Limited to the first 5000 customers per coupon offer

So: JVC KW-R910BT
$117.00 - $20 Visa Checkout = $97 w/ Free Shipping, No Tax

It was between these three built in Bluetooth car stereos for me, and I found the JVC to be by far the best deal as far as price to performance ratio.
• JVC KW-R910BT
• Sony WX-GT90BT
• Pioneer FH-X720BT

The color of lights is customizable to your car color interior.

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029330

JVCKW-R910BT.jpg

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Here's a video of all the colors:

Last edited:
Wow... to each his own, but no way in hail I'd put that thing in my car. I realize I spent a ton more for my double-DIN, but damn... that thing has a "screen" about the size of a regular single-DIN unit. The rest of the double-DIN face is pure bling. I hesitate (slightly) to use the word "monstrosity" because I don't want you to think I'm bashing your choice. Please don't take it that way at all. Maybe you chose it for features and pricepoint, but the aesthetics makes me cringe.

That is cringe worthy. I guess if you want a cheap one, there ya go.

The color of lights is customizable.
I bought this model's predecessor seven years ago and this is what the 2007/2008 model looked like:

JVC KW-XG700.jpg

Obviously, single color to match the car would be set in options for this new model, rather then forcing you to have it in a single color, being red in case of the older model I bought. I am hoping this one should let you pick any color in settings... Perhaps all pink? Yeah.

I am hoping to choose a single uniform color in settings. ;)

Attachments

• Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 197
  • Yellow.jpg
    Yellow.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Got it, here's how it works: The thing has four different color zones, each of which can have (the same or different) custom color!

JVC-Zones.png

Most surprisingly of all, the default dual green/blue setup, looks nothing like in the picture, it looks much better in person, and for now, I actually decided to keep it that way, it looks much cooler than I would have imagined. It changes colors by default depending on what you are doing with it but settings allow complete customization.

The firmware programmers, just like some PC music player programmers only got this thing to display ID TAG info. That has always been a pet peeve for years for me.

Well if there is no ID TAG, why not display the file name!?!?!?
I purposely remove All ID tags to force display of the actual file name... It's really unbelievable why it wold not occur to them to simply display the file name!?
So all is well if your files have ID Tags but if they don't, the way it works is, it scrolls the folder name / file name but then in the end only the folder name is visible for each of the songs in that folder. This is dumb.

Anyway, figured out the cure:

Using this freeware: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Load the folder containing all subfolders/files.

To assign a TITLE tag Song 2 to a file called 02 Song 2.mp3

1. Load the folder containing all subfolders/files.

2. Assign file name to ID TITLE TAG (For example 02 Song 2.mp3 file would have a TITLE TAG 02 Song 2):

CTRL+A > ALT+2 > drop down arrow > Title > Enter > OK > OK

3. Then Remove (for the example of file name 02 Song.mp3) three starting characters:

CTRL+A > Actions > Actions (Quick) > Replace with regular expression > OK

Field: Title
In Regular expression enter ^.{3} if you want to remove 3 chars.
Replace matches with stays empty.
OK > OK

[You should use 3 characters because in 02 Song 2 you are removing 02 plus one space.]

Hold SHIFT to select everything in between the first and last file of your choice.
Hold CTRL to select a beginning of a new set of files.
Hold both SHIFT and CTRL together to select the end of a new set of files (so that a previous first set of files still stays selected).

Last edited:
Back