• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Psu Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hamzalodhi

I just bought parts for new PC build. After building up the pc, the pc wont turn on. The light on the motherboard comes on to confirm that there is power going to it but when I try and turn it on nothing happens except a click sound that seems to be coming from the psu. I've tried a 600w corsair psu and it seems to be working and powering up my rig, I have Corsair hx750. But the psu turns the motherboard, GPU lights etc but wont turn or boot up the PC. Does anyone know if it is a fault with the PSU, any suggestions?

Have you built the bare minimum system on top of the motherboard box?

Correct, you mentioned that earlier, which is why I said it is likely the new PSU is the issue. I would get a different one.

Bought 2 weeks ago, return to the place you got it assuming they have the 30day return policy, will likely be faster that way.

It sucks but sometimes you get a DOA :(

Back