• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED what sata ports to use?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just reinstalled, put a bunch of stuff in a new case.
crosshair-5-fz.
some how I installed my os, ssd as a usb device, it is plugged into what I thought was sata-6, lowest ports on the board, highest from the board.
what did I do wrong????????

Attachments

• 150616221633.jpg
    150616221633.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 104
  • disks.PNG
    disks.PNG
    81.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
why plug into lowest sata port?
amd controller uses the top sata ports, get better speeds from them.
was everclear involved in this install? :chair:

yes, I guess i'll have to pull the gpu's and start over..............

I had my manual out looking stuff up, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm pretty sure the Sata ports go from top (closest to the 24pin power) to bottom (closest to the power/reset pins). I could be wrong, and if so I plugged mine in back4ssw0rds.

Remember me getting the...

...the actual port layout using a drive at a time to see it in bios? For CHV boards?

CHV-Z Sata Arrangement.JPG

RGone...

perhaps I should crack a manual once in a while.
yes Rgone I actually have that graphic in my notes file, and I think that is actually my ch5-f board, that lays right over there in plain view, with the ports still marked.

I remember RGonn's thread back a bit figuring this out...... the manual is printed wrong as well as the silk screen on the board if my memory is correct .

Who needs manuals? Just down a bottle of your favorite elixir (pouring on the ground would be sacra-something-a-rather) place furry-laced-blindfold over eyes and play operation. If you don't smell smoke or hear alarms you are doin good. :D

It's worked for me in the past, or I think it has, details a lil fuzzy now-a-days. :confused:

Back