• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HFM linux question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm running a Zorin9 machine on my network. It is folding using the 7.4.4 client. I've set it up for remote access the same way as the windows machines on my network. However HFM.NET won't monitor it.

What am I missing?

The machine I have HFM on see the Zorin9 machine on the network. Shared folders are accessible. I've restarted HFM and the client a couple of times since setting it up.

I have wanted to respond, but I have only recent experience with fah client V7.x.x, and have only monitored the V6 client remotely with HFM, the last being maybe three years ago.

I have not heard much of Harlem's HFM.NET lately, but if I can find the current version download I'll experiment with the set up like yours, maybe we can figure it out. ;)

Thanks! I'm still kind of stumped. The way I've got it set up, it should work according to everything I've read on it.

I have FahControl and HFM setup on two different windows machines, one XP and the other Vista, to monitor the remote FAH hosts. All the hosts are on my home network. Below are some screen shots of FahControl and HFM with the cfg settings for the remote FAH hosts. (The hosts showing in FahControl as "connecting" are not currently on-line).
FAHControl remote client access cfg.JPG FAHClient remote access cfg.JPG FAHClient connection cfg.JPG HFM remote client cfg.JPG

I found out what the problem was. Somehow the port got shifted from the default 36330 to 36328. When I set HFM to that, and rebooted, it started working!

I have no idea how the port number got changed, because I remember it being 36330 when originally setting it up on this machine.

Thanks ihrsetrdr & HayesK!

zorin2.png

Back