• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if only this woudl last

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t1nm4n

So a couple of you might know I had this issue with a GPU and looks like it might of been somewhat sorted out, but now my estimated PPD for two 290Xs is 950k no way is that right, is it?

isitright.jpg

I should only be so lucky, I might catch someone in this lifetime.

Yeah, there must be a calculation glitch. If you notice the 1 290x is estimating about 160K ppd. So you are looking at close to 320K ppd.

Though for weird glitches, my hydra setup had GPU 1 report in afterburner that it was 511°C, and running at 200% GPU usage. At that temp, the card would be melting and burning. Didn't get a screenshot but it would have been amusing to post.

Dangit, I knew I had the wrong card showing PPD. I haven't seen it overestimate before, always starts off so low that it's sort of disheartening. 511c? :eek: I could just see it now, coming home and your GPU starts talking "Get me out of this bottlenecking POS PC or I'll pull a Kamikaze stunt you won't like!" Turn that into some sort of infomercial educating people not to build systems like mine, all bottle neck and low throughput. :screwy: yeah sometime my mind goes off in weird directions. :D

Back