• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More 1.3a Results (not good)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

Well I guess I will give up on trying to get my cely 1.3a much over 1521 mhz (117fsbX13). I reinstalled the Cpu in my abit vh6t mobo with my copper vantec cck-6035d HSF and attempted to reach the magic 124/4 fsb, NO Luck. I have tried every possible voltage setting up to 1.8v and nothing works. I was able to boot @ 120fsb but got windows errors. I was able to boot into windows @ 118fsb but crashed in about 5 min. I give up this chip just will not go any higher.

I will be retiring the 1.3a to my everyday MSI mobo @ 1456 (112X13) at least I can run my memory @ 149mhz (host +33) although I do not see much results in the benches fast or slow memory.

In the future I will either get another celly 1.1a or maybe if the price is rite a p3 1.4 and see if I can get an honest 1600 out of it with out any fancy water cooling or pelters or maybe I will go for another new mobo and a 1.6 P4. I am not realy unhappy with the 1.3a celly for the price it is a good performer just not a great oc'er.

davefred99 said:
Well I guess I will give up on trying to get my cely 1.3a much over 1521 mhz (117fsbX13). I reinstalled the Cpu in my abit vh6t mobo with my copper vantec cck-6035d HSF and attempted to reach the magic 124/4 fsb, NO Luck. I have tried every possible voltage setting up to 1.8v and nothing works. I was able to boot @ 120fsb but got windows errors. I was able to boot into windows @ 118fsb but crashed in about 5 min. I give up this chip just will not go any higher.

I will be retiring the 1.3a to my everyday MSI mobo @ 1456 (112X13) at least I can run my memory @ 149mhz (host +33) although I do not see much results in the benches fast or slow memory.

In the future I will either get another celly 1.1a or maybe if the price is rite a p3 1.4 and see if I can get an honest 1600 out of it with out any fancy water cooling or pelters or maybe I will go for another new mobo and a 1.6 P4. I am not realy unhappy with the 1.3a celly for the price it is a good performer just not a great oc'er.

For you it is not. I forgot to ask what you were using for PSU's. I could only hit around 1450~1500 with my 250w psu and cel-t. What kinda PSU's you using?

yes :(
i installed my wather cooling today and tested all V-core (1.500V - 1.800V) and Vi/o (in Progress...)
i can up to 1690MHz but very very unstable
stably @ 1638 with H²O
stably @ 1599 with "Boxed" Cooler
I have luck with mine...? :)

I required I could ol' man 1840 crush. ;)

"I am not realy unhappy with the 1.3a celly for the price it is a good performer just not a great oc'er."...LOL

see Sig:

Last edited:
Rio71 said:
yes :(
i installed my wather cooling today and tested all V-core (1.500V - 1.800V) and Vi/o (in Progress...)
i can up to 1690MHz but very very unstable
stably @ 1638 with H²O
stably @ 1599 with "Boxed" Cooler
I have luck with mine...? :)

I required I could ol' man 1840 crush. ;)

"I am not realy unhappy with the 1.3a celly for the price it is a good performer just not a great oc'er."...LOL

see Sig:

since you have water-cooling it would not be dangerous at all if you cranked up the voltage another .1V or so....

Re: Re: More 1.3a Results (not good)

ol' man said:

For you it is not. I forgot to ask what you were using for PSU's. I could only hit around 1450~1500 with my 250w psu and cel-t. What kinda PSU's you using?

I have an Antec 300w p/s I believe that it is fine sine I can easily oc, my p3-700e @ 1120 (160X7) @ 1.8v. I think I might be able to supper cool and go a little farther but to me what is the point I will never have a high FSB 133 or better with this chip so the memory bandwith will always suffer. As I said I will probably get a 1.1a and see if I can do better as it seems that most of these will get me into the 1500+ range with a better fsb. Just seams like a better set up to me . By the way my tuly is an OEM unit too. Any thoughts

Last edited:
funnyperson1 said:

since you have water-cooling it would not be dangerous at all if you cranked up the voltage another .1V or so....

ol' man said:
Even .3v would not be that bad if it can hack it:D

:confused: not the Problem but this has no Stability-Effect for more Clock-Speed :confused: ...i'm working on it... in Progress... :burn:

Re: Re: Re: More 1.3a Results (not good)

davefred99 said:

I have an Antec 300w p/s I believe that it is fine sine I can easily oc, my p3-700e @ 1120 (160X7) @ 1.8v. I think I might be able to supper cool and go a little farther but to me what is the point I will never have a high FSB 133 or better with this chip so the memory bandwith will always suffer. As I said I will probably get a 1.1a and see if I can do better as it seems that most of these will get me into the 1500+ range with a better fsb. Just seams like a better set up to me . By the way my tuly is an OEM unit too. Any thoughts
i think the 1.1a is a good selection :D

I don't know man. I have never heard of a cel-t 1.2 or 1.3 being that bad at OC'n.

300w antec should be enough, no less though.

Anyway your 1.3 may not be a good OC'r. I would have a hay day with it though.

ol' man said:
I don't know man. I have never heard of a cel-t 1.2 or 1.3 being that bad at OC'n.

300w antec should be enough, no less though.

Anyway your 1.3 may not be a good OC'r. I would have a hay day with it though.

this is my cel-t 1300 only for ol' man to Hyper-Clocking --> 2GHz:
biggrin.gif

I keep hearing that these 1.3a tuly's should be able to go much higher than I have been able to go, But I have never seen any posts to back it up. The only one who seems to have had any luck is Ol'man and I would hardly think that was a far comparison since he is using exotic sub zero cooling. What about all uf us reguler oc'rs who are using air cooling. Water,Pelters, Ac, thats all voodoo cooling to me!! Dont take me wrong its great if you got it but certainly not for the masses.

Back