• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

32bit games compatablility on 64 bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

praj

Registered
hi guys , i currently i have a 32 bit win 7 os i play games like fallout 3 ,dead space ,batman arkem asylum.is upgrading to a 64 bit os good ,will all these games run on 64 bit (i have their 32 bit setups). is there any use of doing so, i currently have 4 gb ram.
thanks

Upgrading to 64 bit will make little difference outside of the amount of ram you can use. The games will work. Do it. :)

You will need to upgrade that gpu to play games with reasonable settings and frame rates as a 5450 is not a gaming card.

i have read that win 8.1 runs games faster than win 7 is this true

hi guys , i currently i have a 32 bit win 7 os i play games like fallout 3 ,dead space ,batman arkem asylum.is upgrading to a 64 bit os good ,will all these games run on 64 bit (i have their 32 bit setups). is there any use of doing so, i currently have 4 gb ram.
thanks

Fallout 3 may have issues with 64. There are numerous guides to get it working again if it breaks, but you will most likely need to look those up if you plan on playing again once you upgrade.

The other games you mentioned work without issue.

Are there still issues with FO3 this far after release? I assume patches and such via steam would have resolved that by now seeing how I believe most people on steam are on win7x64 and how often fo3/NV has been on sale.

Are there still issues with FO3 this far after release? I assume patches and such via steam would have resolved that by now seeing how I believe most people on steam are on win7x64 and how often fo3/NV has been on sale.

I just bought it yesterday, but I haven't personally tried it myself. There's a Steam message that says it's not optimized for Win 7 & 8 and may need a workaround. You would think a game that popular would have received some love from Bethesda on compatibility but they haven't done so officially.

Look through the forums and you'll see the guides. One of the best fixes is to add a mod that allows for >2gb memory and a community patch.

From seeing some people posting, most people say they haven't had any major issues, but a couple other said they had to modify an .ini file if they have a quadcore or greater.

If all else fails.
Solution (if possible): Dual boot.
Keep 32-Bit installed on one partition or hard drove and install 64-Bit Windows on another.

In case of problems, simply reboot from one into the other.

Back