• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very low FPS with GTX 980 while playing World of Warcraft, please help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I used to get constant 60FPS on WoW but for some reason the last week or so It's been dropping into the 20's. I have no idea whats causing this but it's making the game very annoying to play. I used to be able to overclock my 980 too now if I try to it crashes everytime. Kaspersky and Malwarebytes say the PC is clean.
What should I do guys?!

Try reinstalling current drivers? Tried new drivers? Those are the first things I would do.

Let me say this a different way...

You can try reinstalling the newest drivers as it is possible they got corrupted. If that doesn't work, then roll back. If you roll back to an older drivers first, you will have no idea if the driver borked or it was the driver itself.

...that said, do whatever you would like, but this way can tell you root cause. ;)

Ok, tried clean install with rollback, no change. Then re-reinstalled the newest drivers with a clean install and still slow. Skyrim is running fine with all highest settings plus 50+ mods.

- - - Updated - - -

I have ALOT of things running in task manager, I mean ALOT. Doesn't look normal to me.

Try reinstalling WoW?

Edit: logic says to post a screenshot of all the things running in task manager so we can help. Please feel gratuitous in the information you give js. Having to extract details can get tiring. :)

A screenshot. Two if you need too.

Use alt-prtscn to capture only the active window.

It would also be helpful for you to list what you believe is in question. ;)

My task manager.

Hope this worked I used insert attachments. All the svchosts, All the chrome's when I'm only using one chrome, I don't even know what all the other stuff is.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,890
  • taskmanager.png
    taskmanager.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,893
Lots of svc hosts are normal.

So are a few chrome ones. Though you only have one chrome browser up, each tab starts its own thread. It has done that for years.

Looking at some of the other things, it's seems you install the everything including the kitchen sink...

I see what i believe to be a lot of self installed bloat...for example, looks like you installed everything on the gpu driver package, but unless you run 3D or use audio through the card, all you need is the driver and physx. What is usb3 monitor?

Some things I would Google and see what they are...

1. Aahmsvc
2. Assysctlsvc
3. Atkexcomsvc
4. GWX
5. Epuhelp

They may all be normal, but that, as well as the bloat is what I would look at.

Are you sure the game is set to run directx and not opengl? Rename the WTF folder and try with clean settings.

I found out what the problem was. I was using out of date add-ons. As soon as I disabled them framerates are now in the 90's. Also I checked on those suspicious files earthdog and they are for asus ai suite, the GWX is the get windows 10 icon down in the taskbar. Thanks guys for replying.

Back