• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What it looks like to us is not the most important thing. How it works for you is the real story teller. If you are happy then that is where it is all at.

We hardly pay any attention to CPUz validations since they tell nothing about the overall stability or expected stabilty of a particular overclock. Running P95 Blend mode for at least 2 hours without error/issue is considered the norm around here for most users. We expect cpu/socket temp not not to exceed 72c in HWMonitor Free open and logging while P95 Blend is running. Same for HWMonitor Free not to exceed 62c for the PACKAGE/Core temp while P95 Blend is running. No dropped cores and of course no other issues. Then for most of us the stabilty factor is pretty sorted and we can go on to use the computer in an overclocked mode day in and day out. YMMV. Luck man.

RGone...

Yes. I am satisfied with my Rig in general. I could OC it more but it's not worth the heat that comes with an extra 200MHz.

Yes. I am satisfied with my Rig in general. I could OC it more but it's not worth the heat that comes with an extra 200MHz.
If you're happy we're happy, that said the Cpu-Z validator does little in telling us what is what with the OC. The majority of us here will not consider a Oc stable for daily usage unless it passes at least 2 hours of a stress test such as Prime 95 blend. Thought it's your rig so if you are happy with how it's performing :thup:

http://valid.x86.fr/w58j7a

Here's 4.7ghz on .888v -

JK he's running Cool and Quiet all green on.

Maybe I am missing something but if all those green settings are on and he is at .9 vcore wouldn't his multi be very low? Wouldn't he then need a fairly heavy cpu load to hit 4.4 GHz and then cpu-z would show a much higher vcore also?

- - - Updated - - -

That and the fact your board is not a recommended board for high overclocks.

Maybe I am missing something but if all those green settings are on and he is at .9 vcore wouldn't his multi be very low? Wouldn't he then need a fairly heavy cpu load to hit 4.4 GHz and then cpu-z would show a much higher vcore also?.

Nah, mines stock does the same thing at 23.5 multi turbo off or on doesn't matter. He used core 0 for validation and at that time, while farting around the core speed will fluctuate before the voltage readout gets a pull and you'd see a higher voltage.

This is one of the issues while running a chip like mine and trying to OC it. The temps and volt and speed readouts are quite a bit slower than you'd imagine talking second or two not m-seconds.

I can get a low volt freeze or hang up instantly before any information is pulled by Cpu-z or HWmonitor as well.

But as mentioned, we really don't know if this is a "stable" overclock... All we see is a speed. But at least with green on and some usage, he'll have better temps rather than SLAMMING voltage and multiplier, for some people it just works out better.

Anything at his speed 4.4ghz, I'd need to run my max Pstate voltage to really get it "truely stable" taking every bit of 1.5250v. At that point, I run it stock (sig rig) most of the time just because it's already a heat monger and the green really helps.

Cpu bios (not mobo bios) requests what where when and how from the motherboard at any given point in time. Your software is well behind the actual action of occurrence.

At 4.4ghz, his actual voltage was likely much higher. Cpu-z was just way too slow to report it, that's all.....

Nah, mines stock does the same thing at 23.5 multi turbo off or on doesn't matter. He used core 0 for validation and at that time, while farting around the core speed will fluctuate before the voltage readout gets a pull and you'd see a higher voltage.

This is one of the issues while running a chip like mine and trying to OC it. The temps and volt and speed readouts are quite a bit slower than you'd imagine talking second or two not m-seconds.

I can get a low volt freeze or hang up instantly before any information is pulled by Cpu-z or HWmonitor as well.

But as mentioned, we really don't know if this is a "stable" overclock... All we see is a speed. But at least with green on and some usage, he'll have better temps rather than SLAMMING voltage and multiplier, for some people it just works out better.

Anything at his speed 4.4ghz, I'd need to run my max Pstate voltage to really get it "truely stable" taking every bit of 1.5250v. At that point, I run it stock (sig rig) most of the time just because it's already a heat monger and the green really helps.

Cpu bios (not mobo bios) requests what where when and how from the motherboard at any given point in time. Your software is well behind the actual action of occurrence.

At 4.4ghz, his actual voltage was likely much higher. Cpu-z was just way too slow to report it, that's all.....

Thanks ShrimpBrime! I learn something here everyday.

Back