• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM (formerly Doom 4) Gameplay Demo - E3 2015

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It definitely looks interesting, and brought more back to its roots than Doom3 was. I'll remain cautiously optimistic that they can continue to improve the graphical quality (some of the monsters looked pretty low res, for example). The finishing a monster (while it is flashing) to gain back HP or Ammo is an interesting concept, I would hope it wouldn't get too repetitive.

I see almost no way the game will look and play like that. Every year at the big events we see fancy videos of the next big release and every year we get a half working shadow of it on release day. I'll believe it when I play it....and it works.

Now that looks fantastic. Love some of the finishing moves and it did look kind of dead space like in the way the enemies drop ammo. Oh and those pesky skeletons, would have liked to have seen one of the big guys in action.

The one thing I didn't like about the last game was that monsters would spawn in sections you already cleared. It got to the point where you could almost telegraph where it would happen. This is definitely a title I will wait for user opinions before purchase.

I liked Doom 3, and when I heard that this was going to be basically a remake of the original Doom, I got a little excited. After watching this, though, I'm not so sure the new Doom is going to be either a remake or all that good.

I like that the melee weapons/attacks actually function - killing an enemy by magically transporting blood out of their otherwise intact body is just silly :)

From what I can see it looks to play like COD, I hope it has a stellar SP campaign I was looking forward to this game.

Back