• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM (formerly Doom 4) Gameplay Demo - E3 2015

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well my be my system or something else at play. running at 1080 with med settings and SMAA 1x, vsync off, my numbers one time i play could top near 80 and low of 40. another times could be low of 60's and top out near 120's, it doesnt seem to matter if my card is oc or not. its so random on when i get a good fps vs i just cant play this right now.

My 780ti is right in line with their benchmarks, for my system. It'll hit 100+ FPS at times, but usually hanging in the 80s. I just turned off the FPS monitor, set it to FXAA and High defaults and it runs super smooth without VSync on my monitor. It can play it fully maxed out (minus Nightmare just because of the 6GB requirement) and at least the early game was playable, but I imagine the late game would tax the GPU too much.

Also, DOOM puts all 8 threads on my CPU over 90% utilization. It requires what it says it requires (8 threads and a decent 3-4GB GPU) and it runs well with that. The GTX1080 numbers are promising, though! Double the frame rate, almost? I'd be ok with that.

I'm wondering how to get this to work on wife's comp, fx-4300 5ghz - 660ti - 8gb 1600mhz, saving grace is that she likes her 1280x1024 resolution :rofl:

I'm wondering how to get this to work on wife's comp, fx-4300 5ghz - 660ti - 8gb 1600mhz, saving grace is that she likes her 1280x1024 resolution :rofl:

That's not a saving grace, putting more work on the AMD chip won't help you any by running at that res :(

Also as a heads up to anyone, be sure to grab the most recent NV driver update. I ran Doom on both 980 and 980 Ti on the 364.51 driver and while it ran fine, the 980 for instance saw an average of 70 FPS maxed out (Ultra w/o AA) at 2560x1440, but after installing the most recent driver that got boosted to around 90 FPS on average with the same settings. The largest dip in FPS was to 30 FPS at one of the final levels in the laboratory, not particularly sure what all was going on in that level, but it tanked my fps, aside from that one section of the lab map at the end of the game, everything else was around 90 fps on average.

Surprisingly able to play the game on Medium settings w/o AA @ 1920x1080 on a GTX860M lappy at around 30 fps.

That's not a saving grace, putting more work on the AMD chip won't help you any by running at that res :(

Trust me, it makes a difference :p Regardless, i was thinking more of the GPU then CPU when i made that comment, hoping the 660Ti is still up to scratch at least in medium settings :)

Last edited:
After the hotfix, my R9 390 is able to run max settings on my 2k ultra-wide. I think the lowest FPS I saw was mid 40s. The gameplay is so smooth, and the AI is quite a challenge in SP. I've really been enjoying this game when I have time to play. Maybe not worth the $60 initially but if you love the franchise or need a darn good FPS, the cost is worth it.

After the hotfix, my R9 390 is able to run max settings on my 2k ultra-wide. I think the lowest FPS I saw was mid 40s. The gameplay is so smooth, and the AI is quite a challenge in SP. I've really been enjoying this game when I have time to play. Maybe not worth the $60 initially but if you love the franchise or need a darn good FPS, the cost is worth it.

At the risk of derailing the thread, why are you pink :confused:

I will quote what I posted in the Doom sub-reddit when someone was asking about the game.

Paid $35 from cdkeys with discount code doom666. Discount was only like $2, but meh lol. Would I pay $60? No, but do I feel it is worth my money though? Absolutely!
They did a wonderful job with this game, I am honestly relieved. I was half-expecting disappointment since I understood a lot of my Doom wanting and yearning was more or less for nostalgia, but Doom 2016 does NOT disappoint!

man i thought i got a deal when i got in on the pre-order and got Wolfenstien old blood for free. i was planning on getting it later but it just seemed right so two games for $30 each is the way i saw it.

How is the guy in the vid getting what appears to be single-hit Glory Kills? Is he hitting multiple melees fast or what?

man i thought i got a deal when i got in on the pre-order and got Wolfenstien old blood for free. i was planning on getting it later but it just seemed right so two games for $30 each is the way i saw it.

I saw that, but at the time I had just bought New Order for $10 and shortly after bought Old Blood for $5 (last summer) from G2A. And normally GreenManGaming has preorders and new releases for $60 + 20% off for almost every new title and GMG is not a grey market site so $48 legit purchase for any new title. Generally $40 or under from grey market sites like cdkeys or G2A, but a lot of times new titles will sit at $30 on these sites.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating using the grey market sites if you are weary of them, as there is a possibility of running into issue. G2A support is kinda meh and you need G2A shield to really have any acknowledgement from them, but CDKeys.com handled an issue I had a while back rather well and refunded my paypal pretty quickly all things considered. My issue was that I was not paying attention and bought a Europe only Arma 3 key, tried to use it and Steam told me region blocked for my region. Sent CDkeys an email explaining and 10minutes later at 5am.... No, I'm not joking, 10minutes later I got a human response that asked for proof and she would be glad to help. I used ShareX to create a video of my desktop showing my full screen with email opened responding as well as my copy pasting of the code they sent into Steam and letting it display the steam error in the video. Afterwards I had to wait a few days for them to "process" it, but my first email was on January 14, and I was refunded the amount to Paypal on Jan 18. Granted it's my only experience with customer support, but I was quite satisfied with it.

I have to say, this is the first game since Fallout 3 that I got partway through the campaign and said "I have to play this again."

Currently doing my second run-through on Ultra-Violence. MUCH more challenging. What a phenomenal game!

Ultra Nightmare run here....... the skills. No deaths allowed.

Obviously not mine.
Why does the dude switch weapons so often? Also wonder how he is able to. You can hotkey the weapons on 1 - 7, but that means taking your hands off wasd keys which means you cant move. So I wonder how he is switching. Scroll on the mouse maybe?

Mouse wheel is the most popular on pc, or key bind if you got a mouse with like 10 buttons.

Also if you hold Q you get a wheel, so maybe he is really quick at Q+Swipe and he memorized the wheel? Or using a Naga-type mouse and selecting weapons that way?

Back