• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows or BIOS not recognizing full ram its driving me crazy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can see in the screenshot that it is in SINGLE channel. You want it in 3/4 for dual channel.

You can see in the screenshot that it is in SINGLE channel. You want it in 3/4 for dual channel.

whats the difference? do i really need dual channel? i mean its reading all the ram and all i do is play games and browse in the web.

Dual channel gives better performance and from the looks of it your ram is running at 1333 when it's rated for 1600. You may not be losing alot but it's enough and it's something you paid for so why not get the best out of it that you can. For AMD you want the ram in the second and fourth slot from the CPU.

His do not work in those slots (1/2) is the problem, hence why he is now in single channel and using other slots. :(

Send the board back then. Or try another bios. We have seen some really odd behaviour out of some Giga AMD board and their bios. Like issues with ram and unable to alter NB speeds. Just some odd things.

Back