• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vukasin

Hi guys . Im building pc for net/films use. I have a 160 GB Hitachi hard disk , it appears on bios , sentinel recognizes it but at my computer i dont see it . I wanna format it before instaling windows on it but i dont know what to do now. Here's the pic. Screenshot_8.png Any help is really appriciated . Sorry for english , not my first language :D

Go to Start menu, computer -> Manage -> Device Manage -> Disk drivers
Do you see the hdd?
If you see the HDD then go to Start menu again, computer -> Manage -> Device Manage -> Disk management, you should be able to initialize it.

go to Start menu again, computer -> Manage -> Device Manage -> Disk management, you should be able to initialize it.
This...

If you can't see it here, you can't see it. There is no need to do the first step when the second already takes care of it. ;)

Hi there.

Did you try to format the drive and see if it will be recongized by the OS? If you had difficulties you can take a look at this KB article describing how to initialize the HDD in different operating systems and see if the issue will be resolved:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=LKEK3p

Let us know how it went and if I can help you further! :)

I went in the disk management first , it saw it even there but i couldnt do anything else than just see it being there . I knew i had to format it but i had no idea how to do it if i dont see it in win. Then i found some program , i think its called HDD format tool or smth like that , it formatted it whole for arround hour , then i restarted and everything is fine now. i actually found the solution just a minutes after i posted a question over here , but thanks for taking ur time to reply me people

I went in the disk management first , it saw it even there but i couldnt do anything else than just see it being there
So, you could not initialize it from there? That is what you need to do before your format... I wonder if your "HDD format tool" did that for you...

It did the work , i was pretty pathethic about these programs , but this one actually worked . When i restarted it was all good , even repaired 2 bad sectors the HDD had before , now the system is installed on him and is working perfectly

Back