• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA 990FXA-UD3 Black Screen After Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NightWolf724

Whats Up Tech Gurus? Long time lurker, first time poster.
I am running a build with the following components.

Mobo:GA 990FXA-UD3
PSU:Corsair HX850
CPU:AMD FX8350
RAM:G Skill Rip Jaws X 8GB (Single Stick @ 1366Mhz)
GPU:EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
SSD1:Crucial MX200 500GB
HDD2:WD Green 1TB

Ive Recently Purchased Corsairs H100iGTX and wanted to experiment with overclocking, i was tweaking a few days ago and was having no boot/posting/OS issues, buut after some time of tweaking i was unable to get prime95 and or OCCT stability, so i went back to factory defaults (B Clock, Core V etc..)

With my day off and more time to experiment it was back to the drawing board and tweaking, I bumped my Frequency by .2Ghz, and my Core and NB by one, and now my build has gone wacked. BIOS post comes up but its logo orientation/resolution seems a bit too large, i am unable to press Del/F12/Tab to enter any bios settings, and i get a black screen after post, windows WAS coming up but would fail on boot, and my monitor would lose connection and tell me to check signal. (Now windows isnt popping up at all, signal from GFX not lost as it was before with failed windows boot) i've cleared the CMOS via Jumper, Battery as well.

I feel stumped on how to get my system working again, and getting past this black screen, and or even getting to my BIOS Settings or boot options to restore my defaults. I called gigabyte customer support, they were helpful but were unable to get me back up(they suggested trying another GFX card, which i do not have :/ I was suspicious of my GFX card maybe being the culprit being that my bios splash logo screen seems a bit off, gfx card fans spinning, led's lit up, and now im running in circles, feeling stumped..

Does anybody have any clues as to how this could have happened or maybe something i could do?:(:confused::bang head

You can force optimized defaults by holding the insert key down while powering on the system. Give that a try.

Just for grins, disconnect both the SSD and the HDD and see if you can at least boot to the bios.

now that you mentioned it i forgot to mention this initially, but i have tried this to just to take windows out of the equation...no luck either >.<

Then you'll have to have extra hardware to test with in order to proceed.

Doesn't this GA 990FXA-UD3 mobo have dual bios? If so read how to make it boot on the second bios. With all that upped this .20 and hit this and that up by 1 click...probably corrupted the bios.

RGone...

Doesn't this GA 990FXA-UD3 mobo have dual bios? If so read how to make it boot on the second bios. With all that upped this .20 and hit this and that up by 1 click...probably corrupted the bios.

RGone...

It should be automatic but sometimes apparently it isn't. Sounds like after reading that this poster had the "no signal" as well. I'll just let you read and hopefully you don't have to resort to his method but it worked for him and another in the thread. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-Forcing-backup-BIOS-on-Gigabyte-motherboards

Back