• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triton Raijintek low water level? high temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpgr

Registered
Hello everyone i have the Triton Raijintek for about 4 months now and recently it started making weird water noises and having high temps on my cpu (Amd FX8320)...At first i thought it was due to high summer ambient temps but then i heard the noises and i noticed a lot of bubbles traveling through the tubes...i will post a video to see exactly what is going on...The only thing i can think of creating these problems is the low level of water...but the circuit is closed as ti came from the factory - i have never opened it to add/remove water the seal is still on and i had no leakage - also i tried to move the radiator in different positions to make sure no air/water is trap creating problems...
In stock 3.7Ghz i currently have 43oC in normal use (web.youtube etc) which is very high..What can i do ?

Video of my problem:

cpgr, water can evaporate in a closed loop setup so it's possible that you may need to fill the reservoir up a little. Looking at the video it does look like the reservoir needs to be topped off. From looking at the setup it seems you may need to pull it out of your case in order to do so. Your temperatures aren't alarming but there is definitely an issue. You may want to contact Raijintek and ask how you should proceed.

Well, logic dictates to me that if its low, add more water and see if it still does it.

EDIT: Well, that is what I get for leaving this sit open and not hit reply, LOL!

cpgr, water can evaporate in a closed loop setup so it's possible that you may need to fill the reservoir up a little. Looking at the video it does look like the reservoir needs to be topped off. From looking at the setup it seems you may need to pull it out of your case in order to do so. Your temperatures aren't alarming but there is definitely an issue. You may want to contact Raijintek and ask how you should proceed.
+1

Ok thank guys i'll contact raijintek before refill cause i will loose my warranty if i open it... it makes me wonder though how fast the water evaporated..

I also believe its possible of having low water levels. As long as the rad is up top it will keep the bubbles up there instead of circulating throughout the whole loop into the pump. Sometimes when the water flow is low in a reservoir, I get more bubbles as the water is more turbulent and is susceptible of sucking in air.

Curious to know what fluids and biocide they use with those kits.

Judging by the statements in their features page, specifically:
350ml high capacity coolants pre-filled and re-fill design
3 bottles of different color coolant attached for user choosing

It seems that it's a non issue if you add fluid to the system to top it off. Personally I'd drain it and put distilled water and biocide in it.

I was going to say... why is there a fill/drain port of you can't open that think up...
One would think it would be ok to open, but if you look closely in the video there is a sticker on it, I couldn't read what it said. Wondering if it say warranty voided if removed, which would be total...well you know.

Back